Quivet 2011 Cabernet Release 7/9

Mike,

Have met them a couple time, really looking forward to spending time with them and also meeting Cameron and Bahaneh Hobel as well as Will Segui and Paul McSharry ( of Maze ).

thanks!

Watch out for that Segui character!!!

So I’ve heard—he gave me a wide berth when I passed through that way :wink:

Quivet is now open for the rest of us first time buyers. Snagged a few of the Kenefick. I’m really looking forward the Mike’s visit to Austin in a couple of weeks as it will be my first time to try some of his other wines.

Looks like the 2nd wave opened up a few minutes early. Order placed [cheers.gif]

I’m originally from the area and thought I’d fly to Austin to visit family and attend the dinner, but it didn’t work out with the work schedule. ::kicks dirt:: Enjoy it!

Should be a fun event. Will be there.

My wife and I plan on attending as we have a function in Austin that weekend and are driving down from Fort Worth anyway. Perfect timing for a complimentary winemaker event!

in for a few bottles… limiting my 2011s but love Mike’s stuff…

HaHAA

I’m in

4 kenefick and 2 pellet

Does not ship til November.

Wonder when my credit card will be billed?

Does this mean next release I’m on the first group?

Can anyone comment on the differences between Quivet and Myriad cabernets (other than vineyard sourcing, of course)?

I believe Myriad is Mike and his family owned, and Quivet is Mike and some business partner… if i recall right that is.
Wine - Mike makes them all… so it’s all on the grapes i believe… would love to know more about differences too

4 kenefick, 2 pellet. Looking forward to trying this fall.

My order too, + some Tench SB, but I’ll like only uncork some Tench prior to 2020.

It is outstanding right now. I have already killed three bottles.

100% correct, I’ll let someone else go over details as those aren’t mine to share but Mike and his wife are completely in charge of Myriad. Quivet has in essence, a backer (like most new projects).

eh? my offer said the SB is sold out…

Here is how Mike described the difference to me, which was very helpful and having tried both I definitely see this come through in the wine - Quivet NV has more structure and minerality to it, whereas Myriad NV has a sweeter profile to it overall. Also Myriad NV uses warmer sites, whereas Quivet NV uses sites that are cooler.

You could still wishlist the SB and my wishlist was granted.

In for 4 Tench SB, just an awesome wine. Passed on CS this year, but 2010 Kenefick was the wine of the night at a 2010 horizontal of 12 Napa cabs with friends/co-workers. Can’t say enough about the quality of Mike’s customer service and his personality, but waiting until 2012 to buy big since I have too many cabs as it is.