Quick TNs - '91 La Tache, '99 Ponsot CSD, '06 Colin Morey St

It’s true. Not many problems in pre-mox, if any. Only problems is sometimes sulfur on the young wines. But, man the pricing is crazy right now. $200+ for 1er Cru’s in 2006 is nuts.

Completely agree about the sulfur - I usually let it sit for awhile to blow off.
On the $$ side: So true. That’s a bullet I just can’t bite. I’m not buying a whole lotta white Burgundy these days. Sadly, the '05 vintage may be my last.

That’s okay, I can replace it with that white cocaine Kevin Harvey makes!

Havent run into any problems from Leflaive…had a 95 Clavoillon on Wednesday, tasty.

Lyle,
I like them both but prefer the unfiltered approach of C-M. At first the C-M wines were way too oaky but he has moved to a much more pure style in recent vintages.
I do agree that the St Aubin’s offer great value while the higher level wines are quite expensive. Given the premox risk, I won’t buy the expensive stuff.

Thanks for the input. I like the 98’s but I think they still have years ahead of them…

When did you last open a bottle of this? Your above-quoted beginning phrase implies this tasting note is several years old. I’m just wondering how current it is.

N

This one was opened Saturday night. I have tasted it before and did not feel it was ready until recently.

Hi
Count me on too

Any burg thread Lyle is on is good with me

The 99 ponsot are so tasty

The csd is a rare bird
I have most of a mixed case left
I think the chapelle will go down next

Kevin, thanks for the Magnums

Yes '99 Ponsot is delicious although the Griotte is a pass as the vines are way young in '99 and the wine lacks depth.

Good to see you talkin’ Burg Dr. K.

That’s good to know. I have never been impressed with Ponsot’s Griotte and wondered why.

In fact, I don’t find the vineyard all that exciting from anyone. Much like Mazis I guess I have never seen its magic.

Kevin,

I never had a good Griotte either. Never had the Dugat but I am sure it is not in my preferred style. Never had Drouhin either but had Rene Leclerc and thought it was a yawn.

I have less experience with later vintages of C-M. Good to hear they are not filtering anymore and the oak is toned back.

Kevin Harvey asking if there is a Burg crowd here? Ponsot and La Tache TNs, too. And Alan Weinberg calls it a small coterie. Classic. What’s funny is that there were so many threads on CA wines in the first year of WB, it was thematic to see Kevin’s post about the Burg people being around.