Quick thoughts on a Chevillon sale - other producers added

Thanks William, I did actually take The advice and bought them all. (Less VV) most were 2-4 bottles each. Just backtracking here to make sure I didn’t overlook something. I’m not a high end burg player due to pricing, but when I find a deal (never here) I’d like to pounce.

Is there difference between ‘les combottes’ and aux combottes?

personally I am done w Ponsot. No value at current pricing and he uses his plastic bottle stoppers that I trust as much as his white temp dots—not at all. Some great wines from that domaine, though, 80 and 85 Clos de la Roche come to mind

And 1999. Still a long way from maturity but utterly brilliant. The 1989 and 1993 were both lovely.

'15 Jerome Chezeaux Charbonnieres is excellent. That’s a good price too (cheaper than I paid), but not as much of a crazy deal as the Chevillon.

The Michel Gros isn’t cheap, but it’s such an outstanding cuvee year in and year out, 15 should be special. PYCM does not get enough/same kind of cred for his reds as for his whites, but the one I’ve had was damned good–I’d jump all over the VR. Ah yes, here we are–from dinner at Steve and Misuk Anderson’s last year:

"2015 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Volnay Pitures-Dessus

Smells like a beautiful 2015. Cherry, plum, chocolate and roasted chestnut. Super-young, but the power and drive on this are excellent, as is the purity. In 10-15 years, this’ll be a special wine. 90+"

Thanks for letting us help you spend your money!

So you empty your bank account out yet?

Picked up some 2016 Domaine A. et P. de Villaine Rully Les Saint-Jacques for $25
and some nice bourgone Blancs @$20. So I’m probably done, although I’m thinking about the pycm & Michael Gros, although that tests my comfort level for a wine I’m not familiar with.

2013 Domaine Michel Niellon Chevalier Montrachet -$250
or 2015 -$375 was a new add. Out of my league again.

^ Crazy good pricing for the Rully. Is that some wholesale deal or they’re closing business?
Michel Gros is very good, if you have the cash I’d say go ahead because VR 1er Cru @110 will seem like a bargain 5 years from now.
And Bourgogne blanc @20?! Buy everything.

Alain

It’s a wine store out here on the West Coast that does some crazy good deals a few times a year. Quality operation as well. If you happen to be a member of one of their monthly clubs, you get another 10% off the prices listed above. With that you can get the 2013 Chave Hermitage for sub $200.

The Villaine Rully was actually $30, not $25 and the Vaucrains was $60…still crazy pricing.