PSA: Sandler futures deal

To me, whatever is easiest to put in the recycle bin is best.

It seems that there are three main options: styro, pulp, and apparently these.

I hate styro, but the added insulation might be an argument for their use (didn’t someone do a temp study on this?). So between pulp and plastic that basically work identically, I’ll take pulp all day long for environmental reasons. And, they just go into the compost. So easy-peasy. [cheers.gif]

I think (excepting occasional clearance sales and that sort of thing) it is the best value in SVD California pinot from good vineyards.

The sad thing - and I worry I may fall victim to this myself - is that we may value and appreciate these wines less highly than we should because they are both inexpensive and easy to get.

If Sandler’s wines were $15@ more expensive, and they were tightly allocated with a wait list and all, but were otherwise the exact same wine in the bottle, would we all mentally slot them into the high levels of California pinot?

I think a good action step would be to include these in blind tastings with more widely acclaimed peers. Dehlinger, KB, Mt Eden, Rochioli, Sea Smoke, etc.

It’s the house wines and has been for 5+ years. Just got a case, GSO actually forwarded it to PHX for me, and we’ve been grinding through them.

The Pinot and chardonnay are always easy to pop n pour, but they’re definitely cellar worth.

I found the cab needs time, it’s the real deal, so you’re rewarded with a few years waiting.

As Cramer says, “buy buy buy”

My case was shipped in a regular cardboard case box? No protection what so ever…I thought odd. Maybe because I’m only a couple hours away, and it went GSO. Wine was in fine shape, and it was kind of nice just to stomp on the empty box and throw away in the recycling!

Buzz, I’m in SoCal (GSO also). What do you mean nothing else? What was the wine in? The shipping box had built-in inserts for the bottles? I’ve seen those for walk-away purchases at wineries, but I’ve never received a shipment in one!

My case was that way too. It was delivered (for free) by GSO. So nice not to have another giant styrofoam case box to deal with.