PSA: Keep your CellarTracker inventory up to date

My wife at dinner…what are you doing?
Taking the wine out of inventory.

You take all the fun out of our little hobby :slight_smile:

I thought I was pretty good about updating CT. When I did my 1st inventory in 10 years I had about 60 bottles MIA and about 10 that I had “relieved” but were there. That’s out of a 750 bottle cellar, that had peaked at around 1,000. In the last few years I’ve taken to updating CT b4 I take the cork off the screw.

Sounds horrible. I have only a bit over 600 bottles and I’d never want to do an inventory of them. However, since I have to dig through my cellars on a semi-regular basis for my tastings, I have a pretty clear picture what’s where.

However, having gone through some 2000 bottles in the past 10 years or so, my cellar/CT sync hasn’t been off by a single bottle yet. At one point I thought it was, because i couldn’t find one specific bottle for a tasting, but when I moved about a year ago and had to relocate my cellar, the wine suddenly reappeared from a wrong bin, which explains why I couldn’t find it for the tasting earlier. So to this date not a single error.

CT is the best.

And that is a fact!

I have a hard time understanding what is so difficult in keeping track of the bottles. Not even keeping track of the daily drinkers is hard, seeing how I track also my beers and ciders as well.

just a rounding error, no problem.

Oh, I’ sure its off by a large margin, plus I moved Australia, Austria and Germany to the other side of the room.

I have a 4 to 5 hour true up (reckoning) coming.

Over wine of course.

I try religiously to enter each and every bottle on CT but as it happens my home wine cabinet recently passed away and while taking the bottles out and spending some time with them face-to-face I noticed some horrible mistakes: few wrong vintages, less surprisingly, but how could I have missed the * (star) on the label of Martin Müllen’s 2016 Kröver Paradies Riesling Spätlese?!?