PSA: 2010 Tondonia Rosado $44.97

okay, folks. Seems like Florida retailers are all getting their Rosado allocations. It’s appears B-21 has “60+ bottles available on Pre-Arrival” set to arrive 5/11/20.

Priced at $44.98/btl

https://www.b-21.com/2010-Lopez-de-Heredia-Rose-Vina-Tondonia-Gran-Reserva/productinfo/ESLOPE10DE/#.XrY4SRNKh24

Thanks for this - order in for a couple (knock on wood)!

When it comes to this wine I find it impossible to think of it as “just” a rosé (which his not to trash the category as I do consume a healthy amount of still rosé during the summer season and appreciate many different styles of it) as it is so remarkably unique and complex, unlike any other rosé out there. It is a special wine first and foremost that goes great with food and is highly intriguing on its own. I don’t think I would pay this price for a young rosé that requires the ~10 years in the cellar to deliver a similar experience but given the fact that it comes to the shelves ready to drink I see the 40-50 $/€ tariff totally justified. That said what I would like to know is which rosés out there can reach same kind of complexity and drinkability at age 10 (Simone perhaps?) that would be worth cellaring.

From what I understand all shops in MA cant ship out of their State.

+1 on this being a food wine and unlike any others I’ve had before. Much closer to LdH or Musar whites with age than other great roses like Tempier. $45 is v reasonable, but auction prices are a bit silly.

How well do these age?

Massachusetts stores cannot sell out-of-state so not very surprising.

Exactly. For those who poo-bah this as ‘just a rose’ is like saying Yquem is “just” a sweet wine. [cheers.gif]

Sounds like good old American capitalism to me!

Well ok, I’m easy, you bullied me into grabbing one! [cheers.gif]

I almost think of the rosado as a closer kin to the reds than to the blanco. It’s a great bottle to tap when your food wants white wine but your palate wants red.

I’d agree with that. I have very limited experience with the rosados (2 of the 2009’s last year) but I even put in my TN that if i was served the wine blind/blind-folded I dont know what I would be guessing, but probably leaning towards a red wine. Really, really awesome/unique/interesting stuff!

Based on its orangish hue and oxidative notes, I might be more inclined to go skin contact white if blinded, but I still think that it is somewhere halfway between the white and the red.

So close, so far.

Damn, got an email saying they ‘oversold’ and refunded my money. Barely even apologetic. I asked if they might get more and they said probably not.

Huge bummer. I placed my order late May 9th so thought I was good. Anyone else get a similar message or confirmation that they actually got the wine?

they canceled my order too. [cry.gif]

My order was cancelled. Ultimately, I’m not surprised. Not sure why I got a email confirming my order, the better practice is that the retailer notes your order has been received and Your order is subject to confirmation.

Ha, that’s so funny, I got a rejection as well! And I had personal confirmation of the order from a sales rep! LOL, thanks for 25 years of client relationships . . . . Honestly, I really don’t care.

Same here. I’ve only got 4 years with these guys, so at least I’m in good company.

Bummed you guys didnt get any either…and you definitley should have over me since I’ve never bought a thing from this shop.

Oh well. I dont need more wine anyway (*he tries to tell himself over and over while frantically checking WineSearcher for more Rosado)