PSA: 2008 dom 149 at bassins

God I miss Central Market. Best grocery store I’ve ever been to.

FTFY. Much disappoint.

Speaking of Bassins, after a 2 year hiatus following Ruth Bassin’s death, they did not have their typical futures tasting and gala dinner at the Mandarin. They are back with it now, and the tastings on Saturday are no longer barrel samples, but current releases. I believe there is a discount for wines purchased at the event. It is the first weekend in April. Lots of good wineries pouring: Eisele Vineyards, Ridge, Tom’s Tablas Creek, etc.

Full disclosure: I am pouring at the gala dinner on Friday night and at both tastings (1:00-3:00) and (7:00-9:00). If you come by, pleases identify yourself!

Come on by for the tasting or the gala or both. More information on the Bassin website.

GOT IT FOR $142 W/SHIPPING (in 2012) (Binny’s) [cheers.gif]

Are you a time traveler?

Thanks for the head’s up

Is bassin’s the same as mcarthurs beverage?

yes

And I have recruited a Berserker who is a close friend of mine that I have not seen in 5 years or so to make sure I get up and give that dreaded speech at the dinner, and to help pour. It is hard to do alone.

Haven’t been to Wegmans, have you?

They’ll just mark it up to $249 right before the sale. Then they can tell you $199 is a savings of $50.

OK, NOW I understand , I was thinking Dominus, Not Dom Perignon !!! [wow.gif] [snort.gif] [tease.gif] [tease.gif]

Maybe you can arbitrage it with the DC Zachy’s, which has it for $179.99.

https://dc.zachys.com/wines/Moet-and-Chandon-Dom-Perignon-Brut-Cuvee-2008-w3067816zb

Turn a quick $50/bottle profit!