Problem with InstitutionWine.com

I had an identical experience. Ordered six bottles of Burgundy in December and politely followed up via email 8 times that I was not in a hurry but wanted to know when the wine would ship. Four replies of “end of the week,” “next week,” etc. without even a name attached made me suspicious. They never answer the phone and don’t return messages. I filed a dispute with my bank yesterday thanks to what I saw here.

Has anybody actually had an order filled by them? Just curious.

I see on WS their address is different from what I saw few months ago. Now it shows as 35-24 78th street, Jackson Heights NY but thats an apartment building.

I purchased some Pegau from them at a good price several months ago. After not receiving the wine several weeks later, they acknowledged not actually having the wine and then kept promising it would be coming in soon. After requesting my money back they finally acquired and shipped the wine. Not an experience I would want to go through again.

Wow!

I wish now that I had read all these comments before buying from them.

I am going through the exact same issues as all the others. I ordered wine but it was not delivered. I was promised a refund but never received it and they now ignore my emails.

Why are they still listed on Wine-Searcher if they are such crooks?

JorgeC

Contact your credit card company right away. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Seems the crooks are coming out of the word work lately. Seems to happen more with buying Burgundy than most other wines though one poster mentioned CdP as well. I would hope that everyone here reports the bad actors as often as possible to warn everyone else.

Oddly enough they have a 4.5 star rating on Wine Searcher

Everyone should take 1 min to report them to wine searcher

I did that back in November and got a response that WS would follow up, but I see no evidence of that having happened. Maybe if enough people raise the issue that will change.

I have reported them as well. As you said, we need more people reporting.

How does a total scam like this stay in business? They should be shut down. Same problem. No delivery, no response, no refund. BBB D- rating.

What did you “buy”?

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered four bottles of wine from Institution Wine and was billed $171.92 on September 7, 2019 . The wine did not arrive by September 26th so I contacted the company to inquire about the delay. I was told that the wine was out of stock and would be delivered in 2 or 3 weeks. Still the wine did not arrive. i again contacted the company on October 7th, November 5th and each time I was assured that the wine would be shipped in the coming weeks. The wine was never shipped. On January 13th, 15th and 30th, I again contacted the company offering that they could substitute several different wines of similar value that appeared to be in stock on their website. There was no response from customer service. I have repeatedly emailed and left telephone messages which the company has not returned. DO NOT GET SCAMMED - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!

As I said in the other thread on this outfit, you really should contact the NY State Liquor Authority, print out this thread and then send it to the state.

Agreed. Take action so that others won’t be in the same situation. Just imagine how many people got scammed by these people

It’s so easy to vent on line. It takes a bit of effort to do something effective.

I have also have been scammed. I ordered a case on Venge Vinyards Scouts Honor on 12/9/2019 and was charged $454.88 on a credit card. It has now been 6 months. At first I was able to contact via email, then he stopped replying to my emails. Got him on the phone once and asked for a refund, he wouldn’t credit my card but said he would send a check, which of course never came. I still get the emails daily soliciting business. I have reported them to the NY Liquor Authority. I’m at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions.

Dispute transaction with your CC.

[winner.gif]