Pre Flannery Fest---Pizza At Campania Thursday 04/23/09

2005 Montrose? hahahaha

None of that left in these parts. But, we do have some nice 2004 Levy & McClellan around.

Mine are not yet rated, but I’m sure they’ll be 100 pts eventually. [gheyfight.gif]

I’m open to any guidance you wish to provide. I have zero Italians in the cellar. Tons of Turley zins and Petite Sirahs back to 1996, rhones (Ca, Oz and true Rhone) from North and south.

Dessert wines of all stripes.

I can also trade some friends to get some Italians if that is the theme. Are we thinking 750mLs or 1.5Ls?

Thanks.

Bill, I’m thinking my CdP that you have there already and I’ll bring something else for the other days

This is slowly turning into a Rhone event…

Jeff, I would say 750’s, I don’t think that we will go thirsty (or hungry) at all.

I already sent down to Bill a mgnum of 01 Carlisle Carlisle Vineyrd

Fantastic, my favorite region.

Need to load up before all the Cabs poison my system at FFII [rofl.gif] (who is the cuddler?? and thanks for the Spanish maggies! More non-Cab contributions!!
[notworthy.gif]

Leo is the Cuddler…

One of my wines will be…

1989 A. Brunel CDP Les Cailloux “Cuvee Centenaire”

Go big or go home. [notworthy.gif] [drinkers.gif]

I was largely ignoring this thread as my wife and I were going to drive up to Dallas on Friday after she finished work. Unfortunately, I saw this and now I’m going to have to figure out a way to get there in time for pizza on Thursday. I’m not sure how my wife will get to Dallas …

Scott…not sure where your coming from…but you could always go back and get her…or just have her fly/drive solo. She can handle it.

If we are sticking with Rhone and/or Rhone Rangers, I have some serious juice to consider:

2005 Alban Grenache
2003, 2004, 2005 Alban Reva
SQN Ravens
SQN Altantis’
SQN Poker Face
SQN JFTLOI
SQN ITD
2006 Deus ex Machina
2006 Combe des Fous
2005 Vieux Telegraphe
2005 Vieux Donjon
1992 Penfolds Grange
1996 Penfolds Grange

I just rounded up a magnum of 1998 Vieux Donjon that should be acceptable.

Bill, IIRC that is your only 1996 Grange. Keep it in the cellar. You’ll be happier in 15-25 years. The 1998 CdPs are drinking pretty well know as I just had a 1998 Beaucastel last night (and a 1994 Grange).

I’m definitely bring the '98 Donjon and maybe an Alban Roussanne or Viognier.

Some initial thoughts: (do they have decent glassware?)

Maggies:
1997 Qupe Syrah Bien Nacido Reserve 1.5L
1998 Vieux Telegraphe, CdP La Crau 1.5L
1994 Chateauneuf du Pape, Chateau de Beaucastel 1.5L
1999 Jasper Hill Georgias Paddock Shiraz 1.5L
1998 Fox Creek Reserve Shiraz 1.5L (etched bottle)

1997 Remoissenet Montrachet du Dom Thenard 1.5L (oh, never mind that’s for Rebecca!! Philip didn’t you say you WANTED us to introduce her to things with the word “montrachet” in them lol)

yeah, we need to bring our own stems.

Assuming I can make this dinner I can toss a couple of boxes of stems in the trunk for people to use.