Potatoes on a Grill?

I also assume you don’t get the nice browning in foil?

Dan,

You can get them to crisp up nice in foil. It just takes a little practice but we can get good results. I figure about 20 mins, combination of direct and indirect heating

I’ve never done potatoes on the grill, but I do veggies all of the time in one of these (as others have mentioned)

You can do almost anything small in one of these.

Paul,

I assume it’s easier to crisp without other veggies in the foil.
btw the sriracha works great!

Linda,

I have been contemplating one of those for veggies. Is it nonstick?

Mine is.

These grill baskets are awesome! I have one with a longer handle and a non-stick surface. I don’t like the longer handle because it makes closing the grill a little tricky (I have to position the handle so that it sticks out one of the side vents in the grill’s hood). The one Linda posted above solves that problem. My grill basket gets regular use. You should be able to find one for under $20.

Thanks for the update, too, Dan. [cheers.gif]

• whatever number we’re on with liking the Siraacha idea! [thumbs-up.gif]

Dan,

I think your correct, as each veg would have a different water content to release. I would just try separate packs of each if that being the case, or that veg pan looks good but carfull not to dry out the goods! btw Wrapped whole onions are the bomb, these do need the small bit of water in the foil, but will steam out and eventually leave a nice carmaliztion mass. nob of butter on top!! These things take a little perfecting… good luck

Paul

What Paul said…you can get some nice browning if you apply early direct heat. But you have to baby them a little bit to keep them from sticking at that point.

use it enough and don’t wash it and even if it wasn’t, it will be…

Grilled potatoes, my Block Island version:

Cut potatoes in chunks.
Microwave until just barely fork-tender.
Allow to cool.
Dress with olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, rosemary, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar.
Grill over flame until exterior is crisp and caramelized.

The microwave oven ensures that the center is done, but avoids the potential problem of water-logging from par-boiling.