Post wines that tastes like cheese please!

Patricia Green had cheese aroma but not taste.

The post/poster appear genuine to me.

I occasionally get a similar impression on certain reds. I’ve categorized the note as “cheese rind” in my mind and it comes up from time to time. Usually this is met with funny looks but one very experienced taster called it “lactic”, which made more sense to me. I sometimes find it in full bodied, large scale reds when they are young. Quilceda Creek, several 15 Bordeaux like Pape Clement and Smith Haut Lafitte come to mind. I haven’t had the Andremily Mourvedre but that seems on par. No cheapies to suggest unfortunately, perhaps because wines going for body in lower price brackets do so with sugar and alcohol (among other things…)

2016 Bevan “Dry Stack” Sauvignon Blanc:

"This bottle was consistent with my experience last April. It’s a little funky and unmistakably SB. Unfiltered with some apparent yeasty sediment in the shoulder. Several in our group called ‘cheesy’ or ‘cheese rind’ on the nose (without the help of suggestion) and while I don’t totally endorse that perception (it’s not over the top), it did come up in my last note. Regardless, this has green kiwi and gin on the nose, bracing acidity with bright fruit and hay/grass that draw in some taste memories from New Zealand expressions. It’s an interesting wine if perhaps a little polarizing, but I appreciate the winemaking which shines through.

Lacks the broad appeal of a Merry Edwards, but perhaps has more energy."

Depending on the condition/type of cheese you mean, that’s a classic tell of brett

Had a natty VdF last night with such characteristics; Les Vins Contes - 2012 Poivre et Sel

If this is what the OP is looking for, it’s something I find in young wines all the time. There’s no other common characteristic in these wines except they are all young.

Normally the lactic aromas in wines make me think of strawberry milkshakes or blueberry yogurt etc. instead of cheese.

Although I’ve found some stinky cheese notes in some wines, including red cheese rind or parmesan (butyric acid). I’ve also had a wonderful Fonte Cal white from Beira Interior, Portugal, which had a very distinctive character I couldn’t sum in other way but “cheesy” (as in “cheese-like”), yet it was quite delicious in all aspects.

Yes J. Vizuete I AM being serious about it! I did mean to say for red wines. I agree I have found it in more full bodied ones. Thank you!

Young champagnes that have gone through malo often have a cheese-like note from the confluence of the ML indicators and the lees/yeast indicators. Natty chenin blanc and Etna carricante have this musky character that is not unlike cheese.