Post here: America's Best Burgundy Stores

Try Ansonia http://ansoniawines.myshopify.com/collections/burgundy in DC. Tiny place in an English basement off Dupont Circle near Adams Morgan. If you are visiting, take the Metro to Dupont Circle. On the way back to your hotel, get a cab to haul the wine. If you are local, on street parking is pretty easy. It’s a father son operation which is pretty well explained on the website.

There’s some cognitive dissonance in those two statements for me. Color me overly sensitive. I guess you had to be there.

KDS

Hopper’s Cartes des Vins in New Orleans. The store is 80% burg and Ric Hopper is a first rate guy

How does Crush (NYC) rate?

Very good selection. Also great Champagne selection. In NYC I like Tribeca Wine Merchants too, especially for older goodies…

then it should not have been out on the floor, cases opened, but in a back room not visible to common folk like me.
alan

Someone above wrote that they don’t have much storage space and are constrained to keep much of their stock in the sales room.

I don’t have a dog in this fight.

I am going to be in Austin next Tuesday afternoon. I am going to stop in and get a few bottles…will be in San Antonio the rest of the week, so I need something to keep me company :slight_smile:

I like Crush a lot, but prices can be spotty. Although they will tell you that when prices are on the high side it’s because the bottle is rare and they are sticklers about provenance. Considering I’ve never had a bad bottle from them, they just might be right. Inventory turnover is very rapid though. I work close to there and go often and sometimes it seems like that whole wall of Burg turns over in 10 days.

NY warehouse in Long Island City–REALLY lousy location–has a massive Burg selection, probably the best in the city. Vintry is pretty good also.

In California, Kermit Lynch of course and North Berkeley are both great. And, a personal favorite, Soif, in Santa Cruz, very small selection but extremely well edited, all quality AND they have a wine bar so a great many bottles are already open and they will let you taste before you buy. I really like those guys, been buying from them for 10 years.

How could I forget, Atherton Wine & Spirits has a great lineup of white/ red Burgundy, maybe better than my other 2 recs.