Post here a great bargain you are willing to share, please name the merchant

how did this become bourbon talk?

My favorite is the 15. At $45 per shot, when I used to get a bottle for that, is painful. But for a once in a while taste, what the hell.

I can’t really call this a “deal”; it isn’t cheap by any means, but it is about the best price out there on a sensational champagne. 2002 Dom Ruinart (late disgorgement) for $129 at Sokolin. I have a bunch. Bought a couple more.

Such a price does not exist, period. Just like Krug at $99, it is a myth.

huh?

Read from this post onward - http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1617331#p1617331

Sorry, that didn’t help. TL/DR, but it looks like an extended discussion of the (de)merits 2003 Krug and its price.

FWIW, I have already purchased and had delivered some 2002 Dom Ruinart (black label) from Sokolin this fall, and it has already been delivered.

If you’re on the West Coast, WHWC put both the 2012 Donnhoff Estate [“In stock, 12+ available”] and the Estate Trocken [“In stock, 4 available”] on sale for $17.95.

Joseph Carr 2012 Napa Cabernet, $9.99. Made by Aaron Pott. K & L Wines. (Have to sign up for the Insiders’ Advantage list.)

Thanks Neal, good deal indeed. I picked up a few more, should have just got a case.

If you sign up for the list, they are offering some 2010 Barolo from Brangero (normale and Monvigliero) and the La Serra from Bosco Agostino. I import these, so all I will say is I’m glad these prices aren’t “public”…

Just noticed last week Sokolin now has 04 dom ruinart for the same price. Anyone tried it yet? We did a side by side of the 02 black and white label last week. White label definately had a little extra something wonderful going on.

As stated in another thread Prum 07s for $7. Of course those are long gone. What amazes me is that someone didn’t buy the eight cases they had and hook up all their wine geek friends. My crew ended up without about 4.

Alas, any ‘bargains’ I see get snapped up by those with the means and itchy keyboard fingers within seconds of any offering.

I’ve heard very good things about the 04 as well, but have not had a chance to try it.

Lucien Albrecht Cremant Brut Rose, $14.95 at LA Wine Company.

03 Biondi-Santi Brunello in PA State Stores as a Chairman’s Selection at 49.99 plus 6% sales tax. Valued at 155.00 on CT. This should not be cooked as it was a Dec. arrival. You will need a friend in PA, since State Stores will not ship out of state. Quantities at individual stores vary greatly, but can be determined on PA web. For example, in my County there are 7 stores with quantities from 1to 84 (Narberth Store). By the way, I’m not buying in order to keep 2014 new year’s resolution intact.

So good!!!

Chambers has Jean et Gilles Lafouge. These are pure beautiful old school Burgundies from Auxey and a Pommard. The prices are @$21-31.

David Z made some absurd comments in a thread about Krug pricing and then defended those ideas despite clearly being wrong. There was some PC invective underlying the position as I saw it. Basically he stated there was no way that anyone sold Krug GC for $125. Then when shown like 100 examples to the contrary he appended a huge list of exceptions that still failed to fully address the counterarguments provided. At one point he called Fu a liar. It was pretty entertaining stuff.