Possibly frozen wine

Visit Noo Yawk, to drink mine.

In due time, Victor, in due time… [worship.gif]

Yes. Freezing would more likely cause pH changes than anything else. When a wine is at/below pH ~3.55, freezing can cause the pH to go down
slightly, and it can go up slightly if it is over 3.55 prior to freezing. Can’t imagine how or why it would impact esters, unless the wine was not allowed to be brought back to proper temp. Any possible change in pH would be very small, but it could possible change the organoleptic qualities of the wine slightly.

My last Saxum shipment was sent during a freeze. A little concerned, but haven’t tried yet.

I have tried freezing leftover wine and found it worked pretty well. I did not discern any deterioration from freezing. It’s interesting to watch it thaw. I assume that the alcolhol liquifies first. that would make an interesting drink if one drained it off before everything else melted.

That is intentional, to store unfinished wine.
In this case, the freezing was not intentional, and the wine was still in the collection stage. [wink.gif]

When a frozen mixture of alcohol and water starts to melt, the liquid contains both alcohol and water, but more a much higher concentration of alcohol than in the mixture.

-Al