Portland OR - any burg lovers want to drink with the newbies?

It might be good to try again to put something together. The Tasting I’m hosting I’m providing the 15 bottle horizontal. I like to check out how vintages hold up with different wine making styles. Maybe a 2013 Burg/pinot tasting could be next.

That would be fun. Are you opening a of the 2010s from Belle Pente?

I had to draw a line. I could have researched more, but I ended up with several 10’s and this line up just fell together with little focus on wine making styles and regional influence.
Current list is;
2010 Paul Lato Pinot Noir Lancelot Pisoni
2010 Melville Pinot Noir Carrie’s
2010 Brewer-Clifton Pinot Noir Melville Vineyard
2010 Sojourn Pinot Noir Wohler Vineyard Russian River Valley
2010 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Old Vines Summa
2010 Aubert Pinot Noir UV-SL Vineyard Sonoma Coast
2010 Rhys Pinot Noir Bearwallow Vineyard
2010 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills
2010 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir Orchard Block
2010 Beaux Frères Pinot Noir Beaux Frères Vineyard
2010 Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad Reserve
2010 Felton Road Pinot Noir Bannockburn
2010 Pascal Marchand Gevrey Chambertin “Cazetiers” Premier Cru
2010 Remoissenet Beaune “Greves” Prem Cru

I’m not good with writing tasting notes, I’ll try to make that happen.

Hey, nice to see my old thread got revived… a few times. I kind of gave up on it so hadn’t checked offline planner. Doh.

I’d be happy to do a 2013 Burg / Pinot tasting. Or a Fourrier vertical? Or our own “Not La Paulee?” Or anything, really.

Should we set a date in March?

I will PM those who replied in the past so they don’t miss the thread.

First half of march can work for me. Open for any burgundy theme, have mostly Jadots.

I am likely to be out of town in early or mid-march, most likely the week of the 9th. Should be available otherwise.

I’m generally free in March except for the 26th onwards. Burgundy would be great as a theme

I’m potentially in, as I’m in Portland relatively frequently for business and this would provide a great excuse to go. I don’t have much Burgundy, but could find something fun (lots of domestic PN, though).

Portland Wine storage is almost always open Sunday evening for hosting an event in the tasting room. Does someone have access to another place? I understand that Willamette wine storage also has a Tasting Room. , does anyone have access? The location availability might determine the date we could meet.

Willamette wine storage is open every day but Wednesday night as there is a standing social that day. Members can bring three people, so we’d need to get two or three other members. Should I pursue this?

I’m a member at WWS, so could bring my wife and then two others if there’s an event there.

I also am a member at WWS and will agree it’s a great place to drink. I’d agree to meet there if that’s the consensus.

But wouldn’t a nice dinner and Chambolle be better? Chambolle theme is just an example, I’m super flexible. If we do choose a theme others are short on, I’m sure we can arrange a buy-in.

I agree a nice dinner would be better. OTOH, I’m short of suggestions for corkage-friendly places that can seat 10-12 or whatever. And I’m perfectly fine bringing some burgundy-friendly to a potluck, and can’t think of good burg-friendly food that would be good after DoorDash or whatever. So whatever we can work out, I’m in for.

I would be very interested to attend this as well. There have been same terrific Goodfellow dinners at Ned Ludd and the cuisine would seem to work perfectly. I bet they would be flexible.

Bergerac may also be a possibility. I’d bet a deal could be struck regarding excessive corkages. We would likely need to bring stems though.

Same; I like nice dinners but would be happy with WWS. Maybe we can just do that to keep things simple for our first go-around?

Nice. I can bring a couple of extra stems if that’s an issue for anyone

I did the 2010 Pinot tasting at Portland Wine Storage and we did the potluck style. If that is the direction it would be nice to get a heads up as to what people are bringing, this way we don’t end up with 12 of the same dish.
I have 18 Riedel Neb/Pinot restaurant stems that I could bring if needed.

I would love a nice Chambolle and good meal.

Maybe we could meet up at PWS or WW for a cocktail wine or sparkles then head out for a meal.

Any nice wine friendly meal suggestions?

Sunday March 29?

Time to make it happen or get off the pot.

I’m free then. Let me know :slight_smile: