Pontet Canet in Napa?

I think she meant silly tannins.

When tasting the 2018 Château Pontet Canet during the EP week in april 2019 I tasted the 2018 Pym Rae as well, the latter is very full bodied but also a bit alcoholic.

I do not think they are trying to make a Cali Pontet Canet but a cult Cali cab in the Harlan genre. Not sure how successful that will be as nobody will equate the two.

Seems to me this is flying in the face of climate change. They will be able to make Cali cabs in Bordeaux before too long. [stirthepothal.gif]

Silt is not bad, but it’s a bitch to decant.

1 Like

Not only that, you can get the 2016 Pontet Canet itself for $150. [popcorn.gif]

1 Like

BTW, the ‘18 final blend was organized this Spring, 2020. The sample tasted during April 2019 was a component, or multiple components, but not the finished wine for 2018.

I believe that is what Justine Tesseron told us yes…Presumably will get an opportunity to taste the finished wine next visit. When Covid-19 is not ruining everything that is!

Could not agree more with Elton’s comments on Robert Craig. Bit of thread drift but their club was the one I stuck with as I cut way back on Napa cab purchases. I love their HM and the pricing is still a value for what’s in the bottle. I own the 12-14 of the Veeder. Looks like I’ll have to pull one and see what the buzz is about.

I remember RP’s notes on Lewelling and his comparison of it to PC. I did do a side by side of both 2003 versions I think in 2013. This was before Lewelling started to get super ripe. There sure was a similarity in the profiles of the wines. As for $300 Napa cab’s I’ve long left that game behind. I can back buy vintages of Forman at under $100. Still love those wines.

I found some 03’ Robert Craig Mount Veeder last year and got a 750 and magnum. Both drank outstanding. I would keep my eye out for any of those bottles if they go up for sale. They tend to sell for reasonable pricing considering what the bottles are sold for now by PC.

This is on cellartext today for $50/bottle. Anyone ever try it? Nothing in CT

I think it’s a mistake at that price…

1 Like

Yeah they just sent out an update. 379.99

That’s a big typo. I wonder if someone ordered at 49.99 if they would honor it (doubtful)