Pomerol recommendations

One that I have been enjoying lately and that I think Jr. would also like is the Clos Saint-André Pomerol that is brought in by Neal Rosenthal. I’ve had 4-5 bottles of the 2011 in the last few months and each has been excellent. A small property that I’d never heard of and only tried because it was in Neal’s portfolio. A Burgundian Bordeaux to the extent that that makes sense. I’ve also tried the 2014 which is very good as well, but the 2011 is showing so well right now, that’s where I would start.

Wow that’s like what it was on release.

Most wine shops aren’t going to be pouring out Pomerol on Saturdays, but you can look at the offline planning board and see if you can find a group in your area.

You can also snoop around the steakhouses whereever you live. Sometimes older Pomerols can be found at reasonable enough prices on those places, especially if age/returnability/corkage costs are considered. Or if shipping is difficult. Although not recent datapoints, I’ve seen 98 La Grave a Pomerol for $100 and 05 Le Gay for $150 at chophouses. Some places post their lists on line, so you can prowl those too.