Poll: how many btls of V. Dancer would you buy?

Have always loved this producer since I first visited 10 yrs ago. Rarely see his wines for sale. In those days the pricing was pretty cheap- seems it still is.

Before buying any new white Burgundy producer, you should check out this:

http://oxidised-burgs.wikispaces.com/

That article is mostly quite outdated - could use an update for 5-6 vintages across the board. Might renew it here, where there is far more traffic and likelihood of data.

FWIW, I had 1/3 of the bottle overnight, in the refrigerator, capped without any inert gases (as I don’t have any…unless I eat baked beans or chili), and it was great. Lost a bit of its brightness, but still that same wonderful mouthfeel and steely/rocky character that drew me in the first time I had it.

“Sept/Oct 2009 Issue of IWC: Mr. Tanzer says the following: “Dancer told me that 1999 and 2000 were his problem vintages with premature oxidation, and that since that era he has taken a number of steps to prevent his wines from dying an early death in bottle, including longer elevage, the use of more small doses of SO2 (there were previously just three main additions done), no more filtration for the bottling and different corks. And, since 2004, he has pressed harder and faster. ‘Previously we started with too-fine lees,” he told me. Now Dancer begins with a rather substantial 20 liters of lees per barrel but does not do batonnage.’ ”
Sept/Oct 2010 Issue of IWC: Mr. Tanzer adds: “Dancer presses relatively hard and quickly, does no debourbage, and brings fully 12 to 15 liters of “healthy” lees into the barrel. (Since 2004 he has also done a longer elevage, bottling after 18 months without filtration.) . . .Incidentally, Dancer told me that he has replaced some customers’ prematurely aged bottles of his 2000s and 1999s with bottles from more recent vintages.”

as per the wiki…i love that people still say he has oxidation issues. more for me!

It’s holding up better than any '11 I’ve tasted to date. It appears as though his '99s bit the dust. Can anyone attest premox in any of his recent bottlings?

I had a 2011 Chassagne Tête du Clos from Dancer recently in a restaurant. Outstanding wine. I generally love the fairly subtle character of his wines. If I would have run into the 2011 Meursault at that price, I would have bought a six-pack.

#twinsies flirtysmile

It’s likely my favorite Chardonnay, and I was lucky enough that George Hejna saw I loved it so much that he opened a 2nd bottle for me.

who is their importer in the US right now? It was tough to find around, anything I could source from his higher up stuff had to be across the pond. Him and Henri Germain might be my two favorite producers in the price range.

Those I purchased from Binny’s were imported by Fine Vines in IL.

Ditto.

Just bought some 2014’s