Po-Bay-Guh!

I’m more of a believer in bottle shock (immediately after bottling) than travel shock.

Loring futures arrived today and I’m really tempted. After all the drinking window chart from the website says Brian likes them young right out of the barrel. Ultimately I will resist but only because I’ve never tried any of his wines and I’d like to wait until I can safely do a tasting with full confidence. Plus I only ordered a mixed six.

Me as well. If travel shock was such an issue why doesn’t wine go bonkers when you pop the cork, pour it into a glass and swirl it around and around. That’s worse treatment than a little sloshing in the bottle. Especially with all that nasty oxygen you are introducing it to. newhere

flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile

What’s up with this? I do much the same - a new arrival prompts me to try something from a couple of years ago. Indeed, I most recently did this with a Sandler myself. (Of course, the better practice would be to do this before placing the order rather than after receiving it – make sure I still like the style of wine.)

Oui.

I don’t allow anything I buy to be shipped directly to me or I wouldn’t have any mature wines…

Incoming!
image.jpeg