Please help me select from wine list

There’s no shortage of high-end wines in the Denver area; however, this is a good but mid-priced steak house, which probably precludes $300+ bottles of wine.

Rick, I don’t buy $300 bottles of wine, whether a restaurant or not [cheers.gif] . It just seemed like a somewhat generic list. I’m sure there are a lot of interesting wines in the Denver area…this place just didn’t choose them. Any restaurant in a metropolitan area should be able to put together a list with some interest options under $75…it’s really not difficult.

1 Like

Might be a bit late to the thread here, but I’d advise against the Faiveley. It’s a nice wine but I wouldn’t order it at a steakhouse. The J Lohr Hilltops really stands out as the best red choice here.

For the whites I’d say either the Hanna Sauvignon Blanc or the Muga Blanco, depending on what people like. Personally I’d get the Muga. Nice bottle of wine and probably less polarizing than Sauvignon Blanc.

1 Like

We’re going with the Girard Chardonnay and J. Lohr Hilltop Cab. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

That’s the move!!

Let us know how it goes [cheers.gif]

53A2DC09-008A-4539-848D-A02F167BE88E.gif

The '19 Faiveley Bourgogne is actually very good, and well-priced on that list.

The Ruffino Modus should be a good steak wine slightly on the modern side.

Had dinner there the other night and tried the Faiveley. You’re right, it was very good for the price.

Faiveley bourgogne and Illuminati Montepulciano. This one is a very solid wine and great qpr (at least in Italy were you can buy in supermarkets at 8$), plus excellent with meat.