Please enlighten me on the Levet Cuvées

I have a maggie of that 2004, tempted to pop it for Fu. See if he can handle a manly Rhone over his 2015 fruit-bombs! :wink:

I don’t think marketing is their strong point!

I distinctly remember having the 04 at Nice Matin a few years ago and initially wondering if it might actually be a bit off newhere

But absolutely lovely people to visit.

A 1998 is the best I can do for a mature one! I’ve not had anything more mature than 2004.

I wouldn’t call it ‘La Chave’, as it sounds as if Jean-Louis moved upstrream.

Yes, very stupid and confusing!

Many 04 Cote Rotie’s have some nasty funk.

They can be a bit feral, but I doubt you would mind that!

I don’t know, but I assume Rosenthal asked them to give the cuvées lieux-dit derived names as opposed to the brand names that they had for the European market.

That’s a VERY interesting label…beautiful.

Goodness, this reads like a viniferous Rorschach test, and it’s setting off all of my Pavlovian response potential (I’m drooling).

If I came to Orlando and your choice of wine for me was 04 levet when you’ve served gonon vv to… less enthusiastic lovers of the northern Rhône I’d probably just get in my car and head to Disney world or something [snort.gif]

I recognize, and am somewhat embarrassed by, my own limitations. To this end, I am letting a dead skunk slowly decay under my house in the crawl space, so as to build up a tolerance, perhaps even love, for the subtleties of Levet.

How much of the love for Chavaroche is to mitigate generating interest for Journaries? [berserker.gif]

I believe (but stand to be corrected) that Journaries is an old name for Landonne

I also took him to a basketball game in the skybox, sadly your only choice is Billy Joel!

#whiteprivilege #poorme

Oh, and bring the faded skinny jeans with the frays and holes for style. That earns bottles. Charlie Carnes approved.

Man, I must be seriously funk tolerant (old school Bordeaux is my first love). I’ve only had Levet 4-5 times but I’ve never gotten this funk city stuff. Sure, it was wild but more in a full stem, reductive, rustic, herbal, zesty way than due to Brett or decaying mammals. [berserker.gif]