Plastic Wine Glasses

Plastic doesn’t mute flavors in wine - well, I’m sure certain types can, but not the plastic they use for GoVinos. In my chemistry lab, we used to use plastic in lieu of glass for most purposes, because it was less reactive and didn’t break. But nothing stops folks from making things up on the internet, I guess.

We use GoVinos. Are friend just gave us a set of flutes. I don’t drink bubbly out of flutes but they will be fun for new years. I prefer to drink out of a glass by a long way but on those rare occasions the plastic will work.

I don’t put any of my drinking tools in the dishwasher but I have seen many GoVinos melted by neighbors and friends.

Jason

I love Govinos for camping and general travel. We took them on a road trip to VA and MD this past weekend. We camped one night and a hotel the next. The wines tasted great out of them and we had no worries of breaking one. Even sipping in the tent was a relief with them rather than glass.

We use them at home from time to time but usually only by the fire pit.

I use a GoVino for tasting at work. The number one reason is everyone knows it’s mine so no one else uses it. I don’t trust the cleanliness of the stems we use, lots of lazy folks have access to them. When someone is sick and there is heavy tasting, it’s an epidemic.

But more to the point, since switching to the GoVino I haven’t noticed any degradation of aroma or flavor.

Agree on the need for plastic for evenings when lots of neighbors drop by, we’ve had too many deck and driveway accidents.

I recently bought some of these:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/high-impact-acrylic-stemware-sets-of-4.do?camp=ppc%3AGooglePLA%3Anone%3Aadwords_labelsWine_Glasses&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJzgxfPJ_70CFaMcOgod1FsAsw

One benefit is that if it’s just a few people over, I can start with glass, but if the crowd grows I can break out the plastic, and the stemware all looks the same.

They look nice…

I have a bunch of govinos. We take them to the beach all the time. I usually throw a couple in the car whenever we go on a beach or skiing trip.

I recently picked up a pair of Cynthia Rowley acrylic wine glasses at TJ Maxx. They were $2.99/per and are shaped like the “O” series glasses. They should be good for the pool, beach or the park.

BTW, I also found 2 boxes of Reidel Burgundy glasses for $29/box of 4.