Pisoni gets no love here

Few years ago, i fell out of love with pinot generally. Fortunately nobody wanted to pay a fair price so i just kept it, lucky me !!

I had the Lucy rosé with a papaya salad recently and it was good.

I’ve met Gary several times while hanging with Adam Lee. The estate wines were always a bit over the top for me. I generally prefer the wines from people who source their fruit. I drink very little CA Pinot these days, and when I do it’s generally Santa Barbara or Sonoma Coast producers.

I agree. Too ripe and too high in alcohol, as with most of the wines coming out of Santa Lucia Highlands in general.

That was pretty funny. That’s why we drink them blind. [cheers.gif]

That and the fact that all brown bags he brought his wines in were in tatters like they were lifted from a hobo!

He’s such a good guy.

Just a wry smile and “huh”.

Epic moment

Yes! It just may be my favorite US Pinot. I’m praying Joe manages to regain access to that fruit some day.
[cheers.gif]

I have very much enjoyed the few Pisoni pinots that i have had. So many good pinots out there.

Send me one and I’ll let you know if it ‘deserves love’.

me too, but I crave one every now and then

That’s changed, as they’ve figured out what the heck they’re doing in a challenging region. The long hang time was to bring up very low pH levels. So, there are still goofballs making a mockery of Pinot Noir there, there are also quite a few beautiful wines.

I don’t agree with the assertion that Pisoni Estate falls into the too ripe and high in alcohol camp. I do agree that Jeff is not making a wine that is in the style of Kutch or Rhys, but to lump Jeff’s wines, and Mark’s farming, into a ripe and alcohol category is not accurate. I’ve drank these wines for many vintages now, and the Pisonis find their way into making a larger framed wine that is balanced and delicious.

The 2001 Pisoni Estate was one of the best Pinot’s I have ever had from anywhere…

Huge fan and have been for years. Also great people.

JD

So Pinot is truly dead at retail.

deadhorse

Larger framed indeed and it is an eye opening experience to drink this along side an Arcadian. I stopped enjoying larger famed pinots a long time ago. Thankfully we don’t all like the same style of wines.

Truth.
'97 Arcadian Pisoni. FTW. Wish I had a few more.

I picked up a 2005 Arcadian Pisoni off Commerce Corner a few months ago and it was spectacular.

After over 1000 views and several posts of support, of LOVE, I can now assert that “Pisoni gets love here”. The world has been saved.

Glad you cleared that up Frankie — damn right!