Pierre Usseglio Mon Aieul fake 2016's ?

At the alcohol levels of Mon Aieul, it wouldn’t take that much.

I just posted this to let people know there was some discrepancies in their bottles, I am not insinuating any conspiracy theories, I was just pointing out the possibilities, I know is’t not a counterfeit bottle, I am just trying to find out if it’s a 2016 or a 2017 that’s all. I believe the 2018 sticker was placed at the wine shop by mistake, I am not worried about that, I will post an update when I hear back from the winery.

Perhaps you didn’t intend it, but the phrasing of these posts certainly made them sound like accusations:

Maybe wineries should always put a silver scratch-off on their vintages, then right after you buy it, you take out a coin, scratch it off, and discover what vintage you got.

Okay, just spent $800 for a bottle of Chateau Margaux, let’s scratch it off and see what vintage I got. AAAAHH, it’s a 2013, that sucks!

2 Likes

Even better, given them the option of a full-label scratch-off that reveals it’s just Pavillion de Margaux from 2013.

1 Like

I love the idea of scratch off labels. If I were Usseglio, I know what I’d do. I’d print all the labels as something like 2000 or 2003 or whatever got 98 or 100 Parker points. I guess 2016 was another one, but those weren’t Parker points.

Then I’d put the current vintage label over that to be scratched off. The people buying most likely wouldn’t know anyway and they’d feel like they got the deal of the century because they got the vintage of the century.

Since Mon Aieul is one of my least favorite wines, I’d consider it an upgrade if it was fake!