Piemonte 2014

Any other sites that were badly affected by the hail? There were two hail storms in Barolo, right?

I believe I was told at Cortese at this time two years ago that, not only did Barbaresco escape the hail, but that it was generally less rainy there than in Barolo. Know anything about that?

Thanks for all the info!

Yup, both less rainy and little hail. It was the Tanaro river current that sort of offered a barrier to the north moving storms, steering them to the west once they hit the river. Definitely a factor in the quality of Barbaresco 2014.

I was under the impression that Barbaresco had the same weather in 2014, just after the harvest, since they pick a couple weeks earlier than Barolo. I can’t remember where I heard that, it might have been an Aldo Vacca interview.

Gregory

I read your summary and it’s appreciated. I particularly want to give you a nod for including alcohol levels. That information is not so easy to find collated in a report. As I continue to grow up, I find that a factor just as much as rising prices when buying wine. For me, anything above 14% is physiologically challenging. Given the trends, you can guess I buy very little these days. [truce.gif]