Pichon Lalande 1996

Decanted three hours before dinner, it still showed relatively young, with lovely cassis, bay leaf and spices. Early maturity and will continue to evolve but so delicious to drink now, I am not sure it will ever get any better. 96.

Your note was perfectly said. Made me want the wine and I would know what to expect!

This is the first Bordeaux that I bought more than a half dozen of and my only regret is that I did not buy more. Nice note!

Thanks,
Ed

A great vintage for this great estate!

Yeah, Panos, but the last bottle we had together was´t that good.

The one 1996 I regret not buying.

It is a vintageI have really come to love where three super seconds, Ducru, Pichon Lalande and Las Cases were as good as the First Growths.

And then are some great high value sleepers like Montrose, Barton and Pape Clement.

I completely agree with Lalande, Ducru and LLC being first growth quality in 1996. Also love Lynch Bages in 96 which could easily be Super Second quality.

The 96 Lynch I had in April at BWE in DC was fantastic. But so was the Pichon Lalande and the Haut Brion! I like the 96 Cos, but I think the 95 is even better.

A great Pichon Lalande. I wonder if all the petit verdot they use in newer releases will round out like those older ones.

I like the way you put that. I’ve only 1 FG, but managed to stash away a few of those super seconds.