Philadelphia Wine Group?

Who wants to come to Lancaster?

The Amish? newhere

We have them too!

My wife and I are definitely up for a get together in the next few weeks … After April 17 is probably best for us … Anyone want to start throwing out dates that work well? I vote for serpico as the restaurant, been there several times and it has been consistently excellent. Open to other Byob as well.

In the offline planner section of this site, I’ve posted invitations to dinners on May 8, at Charcoal, in Yardley, and on May 20, at Hamilton’s Grill Room, in Lambertville. Both serve food that does not overwhelm wine, and both have a byob format. The wine themes for these dinners should not be problematic for anyone who participates on this site. I’m planning for parties of six at each dinner, and I’m hopeful that the dinners will be of interest to the folks who have been participating in this thread.

I’ve been participating in offlines for years in and around Philadelphia with folks who contribute to several wine forum sites–including this site–and I’m looking forward to meeting some new people who love wine. If the themes that I’ve proposed for the dinners in Yardley and Lambertville are too entry-level for your taste, please send a pm, and I’ll be happy to arrange something more to your liking.

Jeff – yes to Rob’s tastings.
Going on the 16th and the one at the end of the month.
I think they are all full.
Sending you a PM.

OK, I know Dave Kaplan and David K, but who the hell is DaveK? Did one of you forget your password (damn that Al Gore!)?

[swoon.gif]

Which one lives in Trenton? [whistle.gif]

RT

I too would definitely be interested…long time since I have been on the boards here. Live in Center City…drink / collect plenty of regions.

Aaron

Kevin–Dave Kaplan lives in PA, so I’m the other guy.

To no avail, I’ve been hoping that this board could be a conduit to people around here who might be interested in some wine dinners in my immediate area. So far, that effort is mighty unpromising. A local retailer has told me that there are some older people in Trenton with huge cellars, but I’ve never been able to identify any of them.

I’ll be attending Rob’s event on the 23rd; hope the 3rd & Market fire hasn’t been too problematic for B7.

I am located in West Chester, but had made it to a few of Dave Kaplan’s dinners. I would be up for meeting some locals in the West Chester/Kennett Square/Wilmington area if there are any out there.

I’m in the 'burbs as well (Wayne) and would love to get together with some locals. Kids/driving make it a bit tough to get into Philly.

I should have guessed, Dave Kaplan has a smart phone now, so he probably can use passwords (barely). You on the other had think smart phones are the Devil… neener

Dave email me…Darren and I are planning to do an all-pasta dinner at Charcoal soon (I’ve never been).