Perfect Night: 2002 Chave | 1973 Latour | 1989 Raffault | 2005 Rougeard |1985 Magdelaine

Yeah, that shocked me as well, until I considered the location of the event…makes more sense, but still a huge shame.

Did you guys wrap those in bacon, too?

Charlie, these folks wonder how you and I stay so svelte and age-defiant. Eat leanly, folks, and drink well. Alcohol tastes better than fatty meat; less calories, too. Then come cycling with us in this brutal Florida heat. Fu would last 1/2 mile. Todd’s muscles are too pretty - the product of air conditioned gyms and mirrors - I doubt he could go more than several miles.

Those are the times we cherish . . . too few. Cannot be orchestrated and directed, we can set the stage a bit, but the magic happens or does not. Wonderful!

I’m confused about this brutal Florida heat thing - I thought you went from air conditioning to air conditioning? neener

Damn, Jim with the mic drop statement! Well put!

I brought that bottle to a blind dinner and funnily enough no one guessed Chinon because no one thought I’d bring a Chinon. But man, that nose was green. Ultimately, I’ve found I prefer my cab franc with a heavy dose of other grapes blended in [cheers.gif]

Great notes, thank you for the report. So many ‘85 Bordeaux are in a great place now!

Seems like an excuse for having a Florida food palate. Tell me more about your love for the fancy California Pizza Kitchen or the factory of Cheesecake

Cfu is known for his brains and kissing prowess, not for his athletic abilities (other than basketball, where he pwns all comers)

Lycra, baby! It’s like being neked.

Lol, savage [wink.gif]

Says the man that shows up to my house in baggy sweat clothes - Fu’Fu’Lemon - wolfs down a tray of stone crabs, every subsequent course presented, then wanted to order chicken wings at 1 AM. Notice that Charlie Carnes and I sported skinny jeans.

Wow, some harsh comments from the elitist set

I think your dinner sounded very nice Robert (said in a tone your mother would use as she posted grade school artwork on the fridge). pileon

SNAP!!!

Color on that wine looks great, I’m guessing it has some years to go!

Dinner sounds outstanding.

This has been true since 1987!

I was trying to fit in with the high class people from Orlando. But it was clear I had too much hair on my head [snort.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Guess I’ll never know since I haven’t had either the 89 or 90, but I was less than thrilled with the 2002 version. Seemed mature and on the downslope already.

Not surprised by the showing of 1973 Latour. The 1973 red Bordeaux were fairly light weight but actually tasted pretty good. The top producers made solid wines. Back in the mid-70s through the early 80s, they were dirt cheap so I went through quite a few bottles of the best ones.