Patricia Green Cellars - 100pts!

And, like this one, sold out!

Congrats to you and your team, Jim. I am happy for you.

This is just plain awesome! I’ve always found this vineyard to really have a clear fruit-forward profile. You deserve everything that’s coming your way. Congrats!

Mazel Tov on the hundo!

Well done PGC team! Jim, any thoughts on the 2017 bottling? Will be sure to pick a few of those up along with my next club shipment.

Thanks for the kind words (everyone that is).

The 2017 Estate Bonshaw, along with pretty much all the 2017s versus their 2016 counterpart, is seriously red-fruited and freshly fruited/flowery aromatics compared to the the darker fruit, stiffer structure and denser nature of the 2016. It’s a lovely wine that just finished secondary fermentation and still has another 5 months to polish, pick up weight and richness. I think it’s gorgeous but it is definitely different than the more dramatic 2016.

It’s Wine Enthusiast, so take it with a pound of salt. BUT, I had the 2014 Berserker cuvee last weekend and it was outstanding. My son, who thinks Scarecrow is the greatest wine ever made and always thinks pinot is too light and wimpy, even liked it. Not jammy or over the top, but very bright fruit

Whew…I had been worried he was going to give the score to the Old Vine Estate and I would never be able to get that wine again…

Congrats Jim. Bien fait!

RT

1 Like

Great work, PGC people! One of my fave vineyards, I’ve been enjoying these wines for years.

A great tribute to Patricia.

I haven’t had (and certainly won’t have) this particular bottling, but PGC is one of the world’s great Pinot Noir producers. The good people are just the cherry on the sundae. Congrats to Jim and team.

Dan Kravitz

wow, 100 points–congratulations to all.

Robert, Jay, quit being wet blankets.

Congratulations to the PGC crew!

Not that I frequently quote from Christian texts, but John 8:32.

A rating from Wine Enthusiast is only slightly better than a rating from Suckling, but note that I used the word “outstanding” in my description of the 2014 Berserker Cuvee, so note that I have bought and tasted their wine and like it, so I myself would rate it highly.

Enlighten me then, Jay, what is this “truth” that shall set me free?