Paso Rhones

If you want big & bold make Herman Story your last stop of the day - the Bolt Cutter packs a wallop!! [truce.gif]

Pretty sure Alban does not host and Saxum is usually difficult. Although I would highly recommend Turtle Rock and Booker.

I’ve been to Saxum & toured the new caves…and Justin opened an '08 JBV and shared with us that day as I recall. Exceptionally nice guy and gracious host. It WAS difficult to schedule - but I understand why.

I believe Alban don’t do tours or tastings and they are located in Arroyo Grande, not far from Talley, and a good half hour South of Paso.

If you do get down that way there is a small winery called Kynsi who make a killer Bien Nacido Syrah loaded with spice and pepper.

Alban my young padwans is not in Paso.

There are several more in tin city.

You can add:

Topp-Brand New
Caliza (right next door to Booker)
Chronic Cellars- my favorite is Sofa King Bueno (repeat this very fast)
Clos Selene-Now has own tasting room
Ecluse - near TH Winery (formerly Terry Hoage)
Jada-winemaker currently Eric Jensen owner of Booker
Kinetic-Anthony Yount’s own label, he being winemaker for Ron Denner.
Onx
Peachy Canyon-not my cup of tea but popular
Rangeland-I think they make Rhone wines.

ENJOY

Clos Selene, Torrin, Law Linne Colado, and Saxum if you can get access!

I also strongly recommend that you contact and go visit Daou! Most beautiful location! All of their wines are great. They feature their Cabernets, but also have several Rhone blends and even Rhone Cab blends!

Tablas Creek is a place you can hit going or coming from Daou!

If you schedule appointments mention you are a Berserker! We have a good rep in Paso!

Adelaida Cellars is a great West-side producer of Rhône-style wines! :slight_smile:

I was introduced to this producer back in my retail days through the tiny distributor for my state. The “HMR Vineyard Reserve” Pinot Noir was my first taste, but it wasn’t long before I tried their “Viking Estate” Syrah and, eventually, the initial release of the “Version” red and white wines. Everything I have tried has been stunning, even the “Viking Estate Reserve” Cabernet Sauvignon.

Nowadays, there is an Adelaida Cellars “Anna’s Estate Red” (Cinsault, Mourvedre, Counoise, Petite Sirah, Grenache, Syrah) and “Anna’s Estate White” (Grenache Blanc, Viognier, Picpoul, Roussane), along with reserve-designated “Anna’s Signature” wines. I am not certain if these have replaced the “Version” wines or not.

The new-ish winemaker, Jeremy Weintraub, is supposed to have kicked the quality levels up even higher.

+1 with others who recommend Epoch since you noted L’aventure and Herman Story. Only had one bottle of Paix Sur Terre so far but I think that it’s a good fit as well.

I like Tablas Creek but I don’t think it matches the style that you asked for. Same for Adelaida although I don’t have as much experience with them as Tablas Creek.