Paris itinerary / wine accessible restaurants

Wow, so sorry to hear this. It’s usually my “splurge” restaurant when in Paris and it never disappointed but I haven’t been in 4 years or so.

Most recent meal was January 2018 so about a year and a half.

We wanted to start with a white burg and all of the choices were from recent bad vintages. I asked the somm about a wine I did not know and she described it as light and natural.

If you are thinking of punting L’Arpege, I would definitely consider David Toutain, best meal we had in Paris, with a serious but reasonable list. Also, Les Climats, a little picked over, but all Burgundy all the time (both one stars fwiw).

Not punting L’Arpeget, it’s a request from the spouse and I am curious for the vegetarian tasting myself (I sometimes find vegetarian tasting menus to be more interesting than the meat eaters). I had a reservation at Clown Bar but cancelled on the menu, it is not the best fit for our group (and I am not the most adventurous to try fried veal brain… not only because I am trying to reduce my meat intake these days!). Rigmarole had no reservations unfortunately. Climat and Tour d’Argent too pricey for the guests joining us on the days of their availability, but I did look at both wine lists. I will like I will also get my wine fix by buying bottles from the stores I have reached out to – I can purchase wine a lot cheaper (in some cases) than here in the US – and have already reserved up two cases (!).

The current line up is:
L’Aperget (lunch)
Willis (maybe, dinner)
Clover Green (lunch)
Vantre (dinner)
Les 110 de Taillevent or La Cougille (lunch)
Semilla (dinner)
Picnic (lunch)
Le Comptoir du Relais (dinner)

Thank you for all the suggestions. Will respond back with thoughts on another thread and won’t promise not to provide point scores alongside them!

FWIW, if you’re looking to pre/post party with a cocktail when you dine at Le Comptoir, consider grabbing a drink at Le Hibou (across the street, patio on the intersection). Service is spotty, but I’ve gone several times and enjoyed the cocktail list. If it’s a nice night, their patio is great… but I usually say at the small bar inside and watched them make their drinks.