Old-Vine Carignan and High Altitude Pinot Noir- The Princess & the Peasant

All our barrels are very well seasoned French oak. In fact I think 2 barrels were given to us by fellow Berserker Joe Webb of Foursight wines

We haven’t ever tired to age this varietal in new oak…but I am always up for experimenting, and now you have gotten it in my mind! Let’s see where 2017 takes us

Trying to order Carignan only…discount code not yielding anything less than the listed $22?..maybe that is the discounted price

hmmm… it should be working on the carignan only…let me ask my tech guy to look into it. sorry for inconvenience…I will reply when it is fixed.

Thanks for the heads up!!

After you select the carignan, scroll to the bottom of the screen. There’s box with the subtotal and a + sign to add a code for discount…enter BERSERKERS30 and it should discount the wine…then proceed to check out.

Thank you for your interest!

Thanks…success! Operator glitch 'm sure.

If any of the '14 left, please do process my order for such.

Oh Good! Glad it was working. For the 2014, we would be selling out of our “library” stash- which means I have to sneak into the cellar in the middle of the night without Dan finding me riffling through boxes and selling off our wine. You’ll know if I was successful when your box arrives :slight_smile:

Steph

Any chance I could get in on the Pinot swap as well? Ordered a six pack.

What is the drinking window on the carignan?

Hi Jeff- you got it! Thank you for the order! The 14 and 15 growing season were so vastly different, I think it’ll be really fun to taste the difference. And like choosing between one’s children- I can’t tell which one I prefer.

All the best,
Stephanie

Thanks for asking! This is a variety that is prone to rustic, edgy tannins and we wanted to avoid that style. As such, we wanted to be very careful in limiting extraction during the primary fermentation process. The grapes were 100% destemmed and fermented in small lots at very cool temperatures. The resulting wine is fruit focused, juicy, and very bright (Carignan holds its acid incredibly well in warm climates). This (2015) was our first vintage working with this vineyard, so I just don’t have the historic sample size to refer to…but…it’s tasting so damn good now. My gut says from pretty much now to 6 years from the vintage is a good drinking window, to take advantage of the freshness and downright deliciousness of the wine. That being said, we’ll lay some library wines down for sure and I’ll report back to you with our findings!

I heard their wines are delicious…and who’s the handsome devil in the pic on the Newbie Intro thread?

Just grabbed four of the Carignan. IF there’s a slight chance of trying a '14, that would be great. If not, I’ll enjoy the '15. Looking forward to trying your wines.

We will be evaluating our secret stash of 14s to see what we can let go of- I’ll let you know Monday what we were able to do…unless you want it to be a surprise when the box arrives at your door !

Kindly,
steph

Either way works for me, Steph. I do like surprises, though.

This is some great wine from even greater people. They are fully immersed in every aspect of the industry and live on the Roman vineyard that Ted Lemon sources for Littori.

Thanks Joe- you’re making me blush
I was mentioning earlier that you and Kristy helped us get started by generously “donating” some of your precious extra barrels back in 14, not to mention all the advice and support. We owe a lot to y’all!!

Just ordered a P&P 6 pack. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the order! I’ll get those out the door just as fast as I can!

Thanks for making WBDVIII so welcoming and a great success!

Hi, Stephanie. I’m very much looking forward to trying your wines. They sound incredible. I ordered the six pack (3 pinot / 3 carignan). If avaialble, I’d also love to do a swap for a '14 pinot and '14 carignan to compare the vintages. Thanks in advance!

If the 14 Pinots and Carignan are available I’d also add to my order to compare the vintages.