OK so FEDEX is off my shipping list..Not an average story

Even though I am in the business it doesn’t make me immune to the laws of the land. I worked retail a long time ago where everything was always above board and we had multiple packages ‘confiscated’ or ‘destroyed in transit’, with no way for recourse, once you release the package to the shipping company it’s a crap shoot if it’s going to arrive as intended.

Where were you shipping to and what was your circumstance?

I don’t really understand this post but I’ll play along.

It hasn’t been reported yet as it was just discovered on Sunday night, I posted right after I found out and in posting was hoping that some good ideas would be tossed around as to how to solve this issue. IF we’re SOL than so be it but I like to gather a little more info before I do something stupid and have a BATF letter show up in the mail.

I already received a couple of PM’s with people that work for FEDEX that are going to look into to see what happened.

to your last line, I don’t think they accept bribes, but clearly an employee felt that it was OK to open the packages and take what they wanted. The shipping weight was recorded at drop off and arrived at a different, lesser shipping weight with no signs of breakage, how else do you explain it?

This is what I do.

Jason,

I posted my experience under this thread: FedEx surprises - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Was a left coast to right coast shipment using FedEx Home Delivery.

Regards,

I shipped via FedEx once and they somehow determined that the box contained wine (I think based on size/shape/weight of the box). I received s delivery exception notice with a number to call. When I called they explained that they had destroyed the contents.

But if it is an authorized shipment and it is insured then at least you theoretically have some recourse. I know it can be very difficult to win a claim, but if you are like me, I never insure my wine shipments because I know that a claim against unauthorized content would never get processed.

Anyway - my intent is not to be argumentative. Hoping for a miracle you know!

Sorry if I came across as being flippant or argumentative, not the way it was intended. All information is extremely helpful at this point.

This is quite interestting to read considering that I’ve received several boxes of wine from Jason within the past month or two. I guess we got lucky.

You suppose they turned it into urine?

Well, I wondered about that of course. All I got from the supervisor was that it was a prohibited shipment and was therefore destroyed.

Destroyed is code for employee party refreshment.

Well, at least SOMEBODY got to drink it then… champagne.gif

How about sending another pack of “wine” that has the exploding ink, like in bank robberies, and see what pops up?? champagne.gif

Probably an ATF officer at your door and you’ll end up on the “no fly” list. [snort.gif]

Happened to me once from a shipment from All Ways Cool. Three bottles missing. AWC scrambled and got the 3 replaced-that wasn’t easy!

I think actually that your experience is the norm.