**** Offer Extended | A5 JAPANESE WAGYU. Access to the world’s finest beef - Limited Experience Sets ****

Sean, should we email you if we’d like to be on the waiting list for the global tasting set? Thanks!

Great question! I added you to the waiting list and I’ll send you a follow-up e-mail. If anyone else would like to be added, please send an e-mail to > sean@papawagyu.com> . Our new wagyu includes A5 Makoto, A5 Sendai, and A5 Drunken Takamori Wagyu (all of these will most likely be BMS 11 and 12). Our Japanese wagyu will be offered in 4oz & 16oz steaks, along with experience sets. We will also have Tasmanian Wagyu boneless ribeye and Imperial Wagyu Bone-In Ribeye

Hey Tom! Thank you for the kind words. I’m glad you were able to get your hands on these as well. I highly recommend buying a Japanese style binchotan grill : )

Thank you for your support Jeff! I’m excited for you and I’d love your feedback after. My e-mail is > sean@papawagyu.com >

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Sean, should we email you if we’d like to be on the waiting list for the global tasting set? Thanks!

Great question! I added you to the waiting list and I’ll send you a follow-up e-mail. If anyone else would like to be added, please send an e-mail to > sean@papawagyu.com> . Our new wagyu includes A5 Makoto, A5 Sendai, and A5 Drunken Takamori Wagyu (all of these will most likely be BMS 11 and 12). Our Japanese wagyu will be offered in 4oz & 16oz steaks, along with experience sets. We will also have Tasmanian Wagyu boneless ribeye and Imperial Wagyu Bone-In Ribeye

Perfect. Thank you very much!

Sean has been my go-to source for drunken Wagyu this past year. His service is impeccable and has nothing but my highest recommendations.

Thank you for your kind words!

The beef is the bomb. My tongue is still happy.

Makes me happy to hear that : )

Offer extended and we still have some A5 & Caviar sets available.

Bought 16 ounce ribeye’s of the Drunken and Kirameki A5 Wagyu. Looking forward to tasting these. I like the idea of using some bread to sop up the fat from the cutting board. I’ve done something similar with high fat steaks renderings and it is “The Bomb”

Ashamed to ask if I did it incorrectly, but I cut up the A5 into slices BEFORE cooking, I guess Korean BBQ style? That way I could try different levels of ‘doneness’. With the bread-sop method (which grossed me out SO much as a kid, as my mom did it all the time, but on the cheapest, CHEAPEST steaks imaginable) I’d have to do that in the pan, not the cutting board!

prepares for direct fire

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with slicing before cooking; it’s commonly done that way in Japan.

One thing I like doing with wagyu is a short brine from fridge to room temperature with sea salt, then APO to 100 internal followed by quick sear. I’ve found I prefer medium+ for wagyu but it’s hard to cook to the right temperature on hot skillet without a lot of flipping and totally render the fat without a light amount of warming in the oven.

No fire from me. That sounds like a good way to test out different doneness on the meat easily. When A5 restaurant did an Wagyu cooking demo (Japaneese A5, Australian F1 and something from the USA) at Chateau Montelena for us they cut the steaks into smaller pieces (not quite as small as you are doing) and it was quite good.

The thing about sopping up the fat is that this makes any bread taste better! Unlike Patrick I’d have no shame and would gladly lick the cutting board if I could get away with it :slight_smile: (though that’s not likely if my wife is around)