NYE plans?? What wines will you be opening

First- happy healthy 2014 to all.

Not a go out on NYE guy- so we are going to movie early(ish), probably stop at Shaws for some oysters and martini- then home to cook. Nothing to fancy tonight- some King Crab or lobster(havent decided) and steak to follow.

Have the following wines ready

2006 Louis Latour Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres
2000 Clos de Marquis
2005 Realm Beckstoffer To Kalon

And some bubbles for midnight!!

Benoit Lahaye Champagne Brut Naturessence
1984 Laurel Glen Cabernet
2001 Ghislaine Barthod CM - I think the Veroilles but it might be the Cras. Haven’t looked at the bottle in a while
2004 Donnhoff Felsenberg Auslese (375)

Happy New Year!

We are having a New Year’s Eve party and I found Roederer Estate Brut for 11.99 in a local shop. Grabbed it all and am pretty stoked.

I have a personal bottle stashed away for me and the SO to drink, but didn’t think my friends would appreciate a quiet evening with a glass of fantastic champagne.

We’re meeting friends at our local BYOB’s party. Looks like:

08 Peay Viognier
03 Switchback Ridge Merlot
03 Amon Ra Shiraz

and maybe an 03 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah

We’re a very small group of 4 mainly non-geeks so just one bottle of 1996 Jean Vesselle Cuvee du Troisieme Millenaire with a simple roast chicken dinner. Nice and intimate.

Going out to dinner in Sacramento with friends, debating whether to bring a '06 Littorai Thieriot PN or '07 Rivers Marie Summa Old Vines…

Staying home. Thinking of going with beer. Got lots in the house and it’s got bubbles just like sparkling wine! Who’s to know the difference?

Happy New Year gang! Unfortunately the wife is sick, so it will be low-key with a nice NY strip and '74 Sterling Cab. Although the Coravin could get me in trouble.

It’s 2008 here in Pinot land. An '08 Kosta Browne Gap’s Crown, and an '08 Sojourn San Giacomo. May also pop an '08 Tasot Gap’s Crown.

Moet Chandon and btls of grey goose with Dr. Chien and Mr. Wei.

2008 Myriad Cellars Georges III
2001 Chateau Montrose
2002 Arrowood Reserve Especial Cabernet
2007 La Pèira en Damaisèla Coteaux du Languedoc Les Terrasses du Larzac La Pèira

Billy Joel in Brooklyn …

semi-trapped at an Embassy Suites in south Fla.
TW insisted that I bring bubbly just in case.
2007 Louis Roederer Champagne Rosé Brut
Too young but who cares?

I’ll be in bed well before midnight, but I have this bottle queued up for tonight as well. Hope it’s a good one!

Michael

Staying at home with a bottle of 2002 Dom

We’ll be celebrating with 98 Dom, 02 Taittinger Comptes and an 02 Krug Grand Cuvée. Instead of hanging till midnight, we will observing the New Year when the ball drops in Times Square. I’m guessing a cork will pop on the Dom in 2-3 hours. Happy New Years!

in Havana–probably a rum-based night!

sick!

Now it is what am I going to open on the first evening of 2014. New Years Eve (last night) had a Krug Grande Cuvee before going out for dinner with non-wino friends so nothing of worth after that.

Nice. Don’t let him drive you home.