NYC Wine Dinner Advice

I’m surprised you say that…I’ve pretty much only gone on the weekend or later in the week (Thursday/Friday) and it’s always been “empty”. I say empty by Colicchio standards, obviously some people were there, but the restaurant space is pretty large and it requires a pretty big following to keep a space like that full. I guess different experiences make the world go round though, but I have never waited for a table (without a reservation) during peak dinner hours and I live two blocks from the restaurant…

I’m not surprised that Paul said he “never found it to be empty”. I was there about half the time that he was there. Then about 7-8 more times with other folks on separate occasions. Brunch, lunch, dinner, weekends, weekdays. Probably attributable to the non-commercial nature of the area, but it was never empty, always bustling and just appropriately busy, but not full in some occasions and looked filled-up in others.

Lucky you that you never waited for a table, but on more that a couple of occasions, I had to adjust my reservation request time as they cannot accomodate my first options.

Have these been recent or closer to when it first opened?

Fromt the first month it opened to a dinner-tasting just 2 Saturdays ago.
When were you there?

I’ve been going for the last 4-5 months–I like the restaurant quite a bit, which is why I was trying to have the tasting dinner there. Just surprised they couldn’t accommodate us given the space and the fact that it’s summer, but hell what do I know…