NYC Storage / Domaine Storage New York

Reviving this old thread. Just wanted to see if anyone has recently done research on NYC storage options and what their conclusion was.

I have been using Domaine for a few years now. My bottle/ box ratio is 6:1, which makes Domaine tiered system more expensive for me. I am planning to do a case consolidation anyway but wanted to see what else is out there.

Itā€™s in Connecticut but Iā€™ve been happy at Horse Ridge Cellars

http://www.horseridgecellars.com/

1 Like

Iā€™d second that recommendation. I have been using them for yearsā€” service is top notch, pricing is great for long term storage as well as in-out fees, and they make regular pickups at all the NY area shops.

Cannot speak to the other resources as I have not used them before, but I am very happy with River Valley in Hawthorne (Tarrytown area) for both storage and logistics.

Great part of Domaine is you can ship intra-state through their service which is helpful for retailers and auction away from home

I also my have storage at River Valley Wine Cellars and they have been nothing but great and easy to deal with. I usually drive from Manhattan (about 25min)to pickup or drop off some of my wine which saves some money and I have most of my deliveries go there also.

River Valley +2 (or is it 3?)

How much cheaper is River Valley/Horse Ridge and do they make Manhattan deliveries? I find Domaine longterm storage fees pretty good and service fantastic, although the fees for boxes, box consolidation, in and out can add up. Donā€™t see myself switching, but am curious for whether the service can be the same with materially lower cost.

River Valley does deliver to NYC and as far as fees I do believe they went up slightly since I started using them in 2015 but compared to Domaine I did save some money. I will say if your getting a lot of deliveries and moving wine in and out it can definitely add up. Hope this helps.