NYC Rookies Unite!

I’m not sure if you are still accepting folks to join but if so, I would be interested for sure. I have been to lots of offlines in the past but never with the berserkers! Would love to join if there’s room. If not, no worries. I will be on the lookout for the next one!

Hi,

Still on the maybe list. Very much hoping to make it. Should be able to confirm by Mon 8/10.

Sorry for the trouble!

-Dennis Ruhl

I’m in. Probabably won’t stick around too late, but more wine for the rest of youse.

Dennis/Rich, I’ve added you to the confirmed list.

We have a 15 person reservation on 8/18 for 7:30 pm at PDH on Mott Street.

Should we go ala carte? There are some banquet options that look like a good deal, and I can see if they size them up to 15 people from 10. I’m fine with whatever, but the manager I spoke to recommended them.

I’m okay with any final decision the group makes re food.

Speaking from past experiences at the midtown PDH, a predetermined banquet menu made more sense with a large group. Plus, anyways, the “star” is the duck.

Sweet! Thanks.

I am also fine with a banquet menu. A’la carte for 15 might be challenging but I am down with whatever the majority decides. Now I just have to figure out what to bring and how to bring a stem into NYC via train and subway and still have it in 1 piece by 7:30! Lol.

Another vote for banquet. A la carte for 15 people sounds like a nightmare to me.

Starting to dig around and see what I want to bring. I’m thinking Burgundy or Champagne…

Vote banquet style.

I may bring a Barbaresco.

I’ll go banquet style as well…

Open to any recos on what to bring…

-Dennis

Pinot Noir here (undecided between Burg or Oregon) and maybe a white to start (probably Alsace riesling).

I’ll either bring a 2007 burgundy or a 1993 Kalin Cellars Chardonnay. Also suggest bringing more than 1 stem if you have several.

Nice call on the Kalin!!!

I suggest we stick to one bottle each in order to be somewhat productive the next day. If everyone wants to throw out their candidate, I can see if we need more whites as starters. I will bring 2 extra stems for anyone who needs them.

I’ll probably be bringing a red, but i haven’t decided yet on the varietal. Whites and Roses would be difficult for me because I don’t have a proper place to cool it during the day.

They do have ice buckets at PDH.

I always bring 2 bottles to an offline, primarily just in case one bottle is corked. We usually end up opening both regardless though! [drinkers.gif]

I am thinking a JJ Prum Auslese Graacher Himmelreich from either 04/07 and a lighter, food friendly red TBD. Can go pinot from Cali or Oregon or maybe something Italian like a gattinara or etna rosso. Hopefully I can throw the riesling in an ice bucket when I arrive to cool it down a little…

Jesse - I have a friend who would like to come, can you add me +1?

I haven’t decided on what to bring - I may bring two bottles, but if I do, they will be proportionately less fancy and intended to play off each other, either blindly or not. I.e., no one will feel guilty dumping.

I’ll be bringing a pinot noir from Burgundy.

Please count me in. Looking forward to it! Thanks for organizing.