NYC "Rookies Rioja" dinner - 10/27

I am bringing a 1994 Lopez de Heredia Viña Tondonia Gran Reserva. Looking forward to it!

Turns out I am not going to make it. Work will run too late that night.

Sorry to hear Michael. Stop by after if you can so you can at least have a glass of something.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours. I’m bringing the 2000 Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Reserva Blanco and the 2004 Beronia Reserva. I didn’t grab glasses this time so will get by with whatever they have there.

Apologies for such late notice, but I started feeling sick after lunch this afternoon and won’t be able to join tonight. I was really looking forward to this theme - have fun without me.

I’ll be there, but unfortunately may be as much as 30 minutes late.

Apologies in advance and please don’t wait on me.

-Dennis

Tony, thanks for planning a great evening and to everyone else for attending. I liked the restaurant.Cute location with tasty food.

Hard for me to determine a favorite for the night, the 1964 was pretty remarkable. Amazing to see how a wine can still shine at 51. Made me feel better as I approach 40…

Loved the 81/82 Murrietta vertical. tobacco soy umami were my words for the 82. 81 was blood iron leather

98/91 LdH Blancos were also fire. I think that the group preferred the 91, but the 98 had a fat oxidative midpalate that i just loved

looking forward to the next dinner! Southern Italy!

Echoing the sentiments of Jesse. Thank you all for a very enjoyable, and dare I say intimate, get together. Tony, you put together one heck of a nice eve.

I’m with Jesse and Jorge. Thanks, Tony!

Don’t forget the 1994 Lopez de Heredia Viña Tondonia Gran Reserva which I thought was young but has a great future. I wish everyone could have joined us for the second tasting.

I had a great time as well. I called and got a credit for my dud bottle. Thanks for the encouragement all. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again for a fun time.

Sounds like you gall had some nice wines. What 64 did you have?

Great job organizing Tony, it was a great time! Very good to meet everyone and look forward to the next one.

It was quite enjoyable still but definitely had a small stewed fruit character to it.

Sounds like an awesome dinner, sad I had to miss this one!

Great time all, Tony thanks for organizing!

-DR

Looks awesome. Sorry I couldn’t make it!

Ok fellow (rookie) wine fanatics. I bought my wine for the next event. I’m bringing two items. A traditional Sicilian and one that is a little “off to the left” for those with a sense of adventure. Let’s get something planned. It always gets really busy around the holidays. For the restaurants too.

Ellen

Thats great Ellen! I agree that things will get busy soon so we should put something on the calendar. Did we say first 1/2 of December at the last one?