NYC Rookies Hot Chinese + Cold Summer Wines! 7/18/16

Thank you Ellen, looking forward to it. I will bring an older Gunderloch Riesling and something else TBD, need to root around a bit.

Announcing to the universe that I’m able to taste red wine again after a year! Non tannic reds, I’ve had a few Pinot Noirs so far. One step at a time. So I’m bringing a Pinot on Monday night and a less expensive white. Couldn’t come up with a sparkler, maybe someone else will?

I’ll be bringing a Ratzenberger 2004 Bacharacher Spatlese and a Kruger Rumpf 2004 Spatlese.
See you all tomorrow night!

REMINDER - pack up stemware tonight so you don’t forget.

Good call. Just put a stem in my bag. Bringing a 2013 Smith Madrone Riesling from Napa and a 2012 Spanish red from Galicia made from mencia. See you all tomorrow night!!

Sorry but need to bail, see you all next time!

Hopefully whoever is there first can get a couple of ice buckets on the ready. My Riesling will definitely need a plunge…

Man it’s hot out today!

Yes! Jesse and I emailed about that yesterday. I sense even Reds will need a quick dunk! See you later.

Man is it hot out there today, hopefully this rain will cool it off. We are bringing: 2005 Donnhoff Oberhauser Brucke Riesling Spatlese and 2012 Meyer Fonne Gewürztraminer Reserve.

Hi all. Running late. Be there closer to 7. Save me a seat!

Awesome dinner, wines & company! Thank you everyone!

Indeed. Fantastic time last night. I thought the food was killer and there were a lot of excellent wines as well. It was great catching up with everyone and sharing some good vino. Thanks Ellen for setting up!

I really enjoyed the Donnhoff rieslings and the Gunderloch auslese (might have been my favorite) but all around, the wines were great and went well with the food. So, when’s the next one? [cheers.gif]

Last night was fun. The food was very flavorful and not as killer spicey as I expected. Thanks to Alex for leading the charge on the menu.

My favs:

1998 JJ Prum
JK Carriere Pinot
Mencia
Gunderloch
Meyer Fonne Gewurztraminer
2009 Donnhoff

And I so enjoyed the Morgon I brought that I plan to pick up a few more bottles for the stash. That is my kind of Beaujolais and I thought it paired so well with the duck. It had a lovely texture and mouth feel.

Great seeing everyone.

Indeed, thanks to all and a pleasure to meet so many new faces. Looking forward to future get togethers as well.

I thought the 2004 Kruger-Rumpf Munsterer Dautenpflanzer Spatlese showed extremely well. The 1998 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese was quite nice. Of the three Donnhoff wines I preferred the 2005 Brucke Spatlese. The 2012 Meyer-Fonne Gewurztraminer Reserve reminds me of why I used to be in love with the grape. The 2013 Stagard Steiner Schreck Riesling took some time but opened well. The 2004 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Wolfshohle Spatlese punched above its weight class, as this producer often can.

Very nice array of wines and from a stylistic standpoint something for everyone.

Terrific wines! Thanks to all for their generosity.