Postponed....NYC/Queens: Tripping the Light (wine) Fantastic - Late Jun (24/25/30) - Summer Wine & Cheess

Update May 29: OK. We don’t have enough interest for this in June. We will reconvene in Aug or Sep and try again.

So, as promised (threatened?)…another wine & cheese night. It’s summer, we’ll probably be outside at the location, and since the weather will be hot-ish…I want people to bring their best

“Light - or light on its feet” wine that goes with cheese.

Things like BUBBLES of any kind (not just champagne), white or tawny port, light sherry, banyuls, rainwater madeira, spatlese/auslese rieslings!, idiosyncratic lighter expressions of sweet wines, or things that make you sigh and say “ahhhhh” on a summer eve that would go with a cheese.

We’ll find the cheese that pairs; there are also pâtés and charcuterie that we can buy…

Evening will run from 630-930pm…

Food cost: Less than $50 per head including tax+tip!
Corkage: $15/bottle. Unlimited bottles (within reason!, let’s say 4 if you want to go bonkers). Bring your own stems (they have glasses if we run out, but it’s a beer focused place).
Here is the restaurant location at 35-11 Ditmars Blvd, Queens, NY 11105 right by the NW subway or a short taxi from midtown.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=40.774723,-73.908377&z=17&t=m&hl=en-US&gl=US&mapclient=embed&cid=16708621294305018237

Here is a poll for the dates: Mon 24, Tues 25 or Sun 30 Jun

I will leave this open till 9pm of Sunday 26 Tues 28 May or if we get 8 responders that agree on one night before then.
If the weather looks good we can go beyond 8 as the outdoors has more room.

Please only use the doodle poll for scheduling; don’t start a discussion on this thread or an email chain, don’t reply to this post with dates you can/can’t come.

On that doodle link: You can change your selections up until the poll is closed without notifying everyone; everyone can see who can come when. It really is the way to schedule stuff!

Looking forward to some new wine/cheese harmonies…

1 Like

First bump!

second bump; any takers?

Hard to say no to cheese!

I’m sorry!! I just saw this. I’m in if its during the week. Always a fun event.

Penultimate bump … David and Peter are good companions who bring good wine; they will easily balance the offset of my presence!

OK. Will give it one more bump… if we don’t have 4 responses to the doodle by tuesday PM, we’ll postpone.

I’m in. I can show up late Monday night if we go with that that night. Otherwise can do the Sunday.

Great! Do the doodle poll, that way you can modify your selections, others can see etc without posting to the board…

OK. We don’t have enough interest for this in June. We will reconvene in Aug or Sep and try again.

Oh no!
Sorry Phil… these are always really fun.

another time! summer’s a tough sell for cheese!