NYC - Barolo (10/11) & Barbaresco (10/17) @ Fabio Cucina

Sorry for the ambiguity, I was referring to the our own dinners, organized on this board, that were coming up at the same time.

Plenty of room for +1s!

Will switch my bottle per: Comment from Pietro Oddero on the 2016s - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I’ll be in NYC for work on the 17th and I’m staying nearby. Is there a spot left? I will confirm shortly but should be able to join if so. I can source a good bottle in town.

Added! Plenty of room.

Bringing the following:

2011 Pio Cesare Il Bricco Barbaresco
Billicart Salmon Rose Champagne

Will someone bring a white?

Update my TBD to a 2007 Sandrone Le Vigne.

I am going to have to cancel. Family emergency. Oh crap. I was really looking forward to this.

Great night last night. Had a little of everything: half opened bottles hiding under the table, a 10PM double-steak order, and the ah-so vs. durand vs. pocket wine opener dance off (and yes, the pocket wine opener won). Thanks to those who generously brought extras!

Will leave detailed tasting notes to others and another thread, but my quick ranking:
2001 Scavino Cannubi 1/7 - Had everything/lacked nothing
2013 Burlotto Monvigliero 2/7 - Others suggested it was 3-4. Strawberry jam on the nose to all, disagreement on palette/structure, and consensus surprise over 100pts!
2008 Oderro Brunate 3/7- Some dark purple fruit and and a dark chocolate/cigar long finish
2000 Sandrone Le Vigne 4/7 - Felt light, but a nice chocolately, fine structured finish came in to save the day
2007 Sandrone Le Vigne 5/7 - Others preferred this over the 2000 today; disagreement on how it would lay over time. I got a little oak and a more simple finish.
2005 Aldo Conterno Cicala 6/7 - Saved by the Brovia
2006 Brovia Garblet Sue 7/7 - More time in the glass did not save this one

I’m writing regarding the Barbaresco that I’m bringing on the 17th. After a good bit of research I decided to go with the top o the line Pio Cesare. It’s a 2011, I hope no one has any major objections to it’s youth.

A few Barbaresco folks cancelled. Still planning to meet up even with a smaller group, if anyone else is so inclined.

Bringing a 2005 Sottimano Barbaresco Currá

As of now, there are only 4 of us for Barbaresco. Will send a PM to the group.

Still good to go. Can also bring a sticky if you would like.

Feel free for 375! I’ll bring a 375 of 2003 Roagna Barbaresco Pajé as well, just remembered I have one laying around! with only 4 of us, will be enough to go around.