NOW AVAILABLE! Seven of Hearts - Bob Wood Memorial Barrel

Byron has a few ideas for the label as well - it will be a Seven of Hearts label with his new Special Reserve look and feel - we’ll then amend the bottles with a second label to commemorate Woody. Byron has suggested something that deals with “Duck Juice”, a play on Bob’s food and wine blog and I’m sure that shortly we’ll have other members, just like Jay Carroll did in the post above mine, suggest other names and ideas. I’d expect that to lead to a poll and then allow majority rule - unless of course the guy who is actually making the wine pulls rank (which is fair).

I offered up Curmudgeon Cuvée to Byron in an email to Byron yesterday.

Few notes from the winemaker as an adjustment to the initial post by Zach.

The release of the wine will be March of 2014 to coincide with Bob’s passing and depending upon the number of individuals wishing to participate in a ‘pick up party’, the party will be at Byron’s or at Armstrong Vineyards.

Sure seems to me March of 2014 should be a WB-fest/memorial bash in Oregon…

I’m thrilled to see the number of people willing to purchase the wine. I had faith that many of you would wish to honor the old man in such a way. Keep it up, we have at least 24 cases to sell and Byron has assured me that his site will be ready for sales on Saturday - he will then remit the overage funds to Megan at that time. So, while this has the feel of a ‘future’ understand we wish to make sure Megan and the family have funds available quickly for the items that they may need assistance paying while they family settles his estate.

Gotta have “shitty” on the label somewhere.

That would have to be hand-written. No way it gets by TTB. But thank you for your confidence that the wine will be shitty.

I have a feeling this wine will have to be allocated. How do I get on the mailing list? Never tried 7oH but Bob guided me towards many other excellent OR PN.

It’s starting to sound like a barrel is not going to be enough.

Plans have been made for this potential concern. Don’t let it be one. Byron is well ahead of you. We’d LOVE to sell more than one and more than one is available if necessary.

Zach, Chris, that’s some awesome work, I’d be in for a few bottles.

So far Peter, it is you, me and Baird. I’m sure others will chime in. If not, I’d do 4 or whatever is needed.

I think OC orders can be routed to Legend Cellars, and check with other offsite cellars who can accept the shipments together, then divide up when the individuals come to collect their bottles.

I think a BerserkerFest in Oregon is a must next March.

This is getting pretty big and heart warming. I have a cool suggestion. Why not bottle it with NO label, and have our own labels printed saying whatever shitty stuff we want on it. There has to be a pretty easy way to come up with suggestions and then getting them designed and printed.

I know very little of the work and costs for doing it, but you’d have to do most of that for the bottles anyway. It would just take printing them on peal off and stick labels. Good idea? Or am I dreaming?

I’m pretty sure a winery cannot sell wine that is not labeled and a label that has been approved.

Legally, the winery can’t sell wine without labels.

And BTW, a winery can’t sell wine that is not labeled, with approved labels.

(who’s next?)

I’ve had a couple of wineries ship me wine without labels, but I wouldn’t advocate this here, because a winery isn’t supposed to sell wine that is not labeled, with approved labels.

This is pretty interesting, though, in cases like this, when consumers are purchasing wine without the benefit of seeing the labels (I presume the labeling laws are intended to protect thw consumer)

How about:

I just wonder the legality of that neener

[snort.gif] Anyone know if this is even legal? I already know it is a great idea, but not sure about the legal stuff.

I suppose you could put a very small generic label approved by the ATF and then add your own label on top after it is sold.

George

Me too. Three sounds about right.

We could send checks to a designated “buyer” and then collect the bottles after they arrive somehow. Maybe an excuse for a little offline?

Don’t forget me. Three for all?

Why would we want no label/small label and put our own on? We want a label that matches everybody else’s, and that is a memorial to Bob!

You could very easily get all the government warranted info on one small back label, leaving the front blank for any label you would want to put on it -