Not a bad day....

Congrats Adam! I have really enjoyed the wines I have purchased from Adam.

1 Like

Those are strong scores from Gilman. Congratulations.

1 Like

That was my first thought as well.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Can’t wait to try these wines, bought a mixed case when the release came out.

1 Like

Nice work Adam. Glad to see your wines getting recognized! As I mentioned in the WOTY thread, every one of your wines represents incredible value and is on my QPRs of the year list. I think it’s likely you’ll be on many more people’s radar soon. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

That has to be hugely satisfying. Congratulations. And for what it’s worth, I think your label and bottle designs are exceptional. Very aesthetically pleasing and very refined.

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Thank you Vince!

Glad you find the QPR great. Always one of the trickiest things to price your wine.

Popped the 2019 La Malinche Mission last night and will finish it tonight. This wine reminds of an elegant Oregon PN. The color is brownish ruby, nose is loaded with brown spices and red currants. Palate is elegant and has some viscosity to buffer the acids. [cheers.gif]

I’ll serve the 2018 for Thanksgiving as it looks like it might be a bit more robust, the 2019 doesn’t seem overly likely to appeal to the in-laws.

1 Like

Thanks Peter! Glad it arrived in time. I almost want too send you the 2020 Syrah, as I’m really happy with that one. Are you not a Syrah fan?

The 2019 Mission is def more acid driven and a little lower in ABV compared to the 2018. The 2018 is a bit more feminine and rounder. I like both, both tend to lean towards the '19 more.

Wait what, there were sabelli frisch mags on BD? Howd I miss that??

Auction

1 Like

I do like and buy the occasional Syrah, only to have them sit in my fridge, forgotten and neglected. The mixture of bacon fat and black olives that is often found in Syrah is not something I dream of tasting.
Otoh I loved how the 2019 Malinche developed over night, it got even spicer to the point where it became noticeable on the palate. The acid and glycerin(?) also came together very harmoniously.

1 Like