Noise-cancelling headphones - recommendations?

Bone – You might find this thread helpful Noise-cancelling headphones - recommendations? - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [tease.gif]

I have the Sennheiser pxc-250’s. They’re portable and compact, but downside is the 4" dong that holds the batteries for the active noise cancelling. Listed at $89 on Amazon but I got them on deal for about $50 a couple of years ago and for that price I think they were a steal. $90 still worth it but no bargain.

Todd, what are you really using them for? The JVC’s look a little big and not necessarily something you want to schlep around.

Hey Metzger…you’re an asswipe.

I love it.

[rofl.gif] I feel the love … its like Woodstock.

Why thank you T-Bone.

I recommend Bang and Olufsen personally.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Bose, you won’t be sorry.

Todd, where did you land.

I am going to check out the Sennheiser PXC350s this week.

Jason

I didn’t land at all - these things are so expensive (queue Bowden) that I’m not sure I should get some since I don’t travel all that much. Now, I look at my schedule in the upcoming months, and I have 6 trips in the next 2 months…maybe I SHOULD get some!

Yeah I do about 75K miles a year and it is way worth it. Makes a huge difference especially on anything over a few hours.

Jason

Ditto that. When I was traveling frequently on the west coast, I didn’t feel the need for these on <3 hour flights. Now I travel less frequently but longer distances, and I think some sort of noise reduction is a big factor in emerging in a semi-human condition. There are a lot of options for less than a hundred bucks (even some for less than $50).

Absolutely. As I travel more and more, I have noticed that they really do help. My Etymotics reduce the noise in a plane by about 40-50% and when I take them out it’s a shocking difference. Not to mention I can watch my movies on my laptop without being annoyed by too much background noise. It makes a huge difference.

I’m here…

Todd…you have to know somebody who has a pair that you can borrow. I’m gonna try out some this weekend on an upcoming trip.

With that much travel coming up (and you wanting them anyways)…just bite the bullet.

I bought the Sony MDRNC7 headphones - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRNC7-BLK-Canceling-headphones/dp/B001EYU3L2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - for that price, it’s worth trying out for sure, and the reviews seem pretty solid. I paid $31.99 yesterday, but today they are $33.99 - still a great price.

Sounds like you got a deal…congrats!

The price predictor said not to wait, so I moved quickly.

I agree on the Bose Mark.

Do you live north of LA or Oklahoma? France??? Possibly Bryan Texas???

I have a bit of a business fundamentals issue with Bose, paying so much more for their marketing alone.

I have a firm belief that you get what you pay for. Let us know how the Sonys work out, Todd.

I have a pair of Bose 301 bookshelf speakers that I bought in 1995. Still going strong. I thought that you pay a lot for Bose because of the technology…