Nicolas Joly Clos de la Coulée de Serrant

I can’t remember which wine documentary it was in, but I saw an interview with Joly and he seemed crazy. I guess if one is rich & famous, society just calls them ‘eccentric’ and don’t involuntary commit them.

He was on wine library TV, I recall it was indeed entertaining, perhaps this is what you refer to:

As another data point, we had a 2002 CdS in roughly 2008 at an Austrian-cuisine restaurant, picked it up from their retail section. At the time I new nothing about Savannieres, but reading the label I was intrigued. It was a fabulous wine experience, changing throughout our meal but always delicious, seeming to compliment a significant variety of foods. Since then we have had that vintage another few times, and the 2005 twice. Each experience was distinct, and I think a couple of times we should have allowed much more air, but all were at least very enjoyable experiences of a singular wine.

Probably the Vice piece with Joly:

1 Like

Thanks, Theodore, that was interesting, too, although the GV interview had a lot more wine in it.