Next Bedrock release?

I’ve obviously been sleeping at the wheel. Probably on the floor at Bottle Barn. I’ll have to grab one and report back.

It’s the same vineyard. I had a 1991 Evangelo (Evangelho) from Ridge recently and it was still in decent shape. The vineyard is just amazing- 120-year-old own-rooted stuff. The real challenge in Contra Costa is farming.

Yup. 92% of the juice was vinified in-house with a little bit from a winery with similar winemaking aesthetic. I am not at complete liberty to say what is in it since some vineyard owners don’t want their fruit being associated with a $13 bottle of wine, but most of the vineyards would be familiar with those who know the Bedrock wines. It is predominately Syrah, with some Pets, Alicante, Mourvedre, and Zinfandel and mainly from the 2011 and 2010 vintage. It is the first cuvee since Cuvee I that I am thrilled with.

Thanks Morgan. It seems like I knew that, but… your MIB must have been here since I don’t seem to remember anything [pwn.gif]

I grabbed a 6-pack from K&L. If it’s as good as you say, I might need to go back for more.

Anyone know of a retailer in San Diego or Orange County that carries the Shebang? Hi Time in OC only carries the white according to their website.

Thanks!

The “can’t wait until Tuesday” bump!

The 2011 Evangelho Heritage Wine sounds amazing. Morgan thanks for the preview.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Chris, I ordered a case from K&L in the Bay area. I had mine shipped to me via GSO, but they can also send it to the Hollywood store for pick-up, at no additional charge. The wine is a great QPR.

Chris, if you haven’t already checked, give Bill at Wine Loft Carlsbad a shout. They show the Shebang “IV” on the web site. He should know if the V is in or on the way. I’ve periodically restocked on some of the Bedrock Sauv Blanc and Lulu there as well.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the info Mike and Steve. I appreciate it!

Chris

Very generous allocations on several wines. Alas, Between a serious car issue and a plumbing problem, I’ll only take 20 bottles and ask for 4 more whites.

Oh no I won’t. Allocated 2. [cry.gif] Looks like a wishlist item for me. If there’s anyone in the Metro NY area that’s interested in sharing some of my allocation, please contact me.

Love the release letter - how many winemakers wish they could get away with this:

I asked about Zinfandel, but after tasting delicious unpicked Mourvedre and Carignane I asked about that too. We started picking: first the Zinfandel, mixed with Carignane and Mourvedre, then the Mourvedre mixed with Carignane and some whites, and then the Carignane mixed with Mourvedre and whites. He asked if I wanted the whites. Sure! Back at the winery the fruit was all destemmed together into the same fermenter. I am not quite sure what is actually what but… The wine, if I may say so, is fucking delicious.

Who else is stoked to try a Washington Syrah from Bedrock?

“The first is a vineyard owned by the
talented Sleight of Hand crew in “The Rocks’ of Walla Walla,
Washington. The densely spaced Syrah vineyard is planted on the
intensely rocky soils from which the amazing wines of Sleight of Hand
and Cayuse come from (and if you cannot get your hands on the Cayuse
wines try Sleight of Hand’s “Funkadelic,” it is sick).”

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Why is this the first I’m hearing that Bedrock (Morgan) makes, or is involved in making, a low price red blend? And where I can I find it? (Keeping in mind I live in a Draconian shipping state.) Not that I need any more after just signing on for close to 3 cases from the latest release, while queuing up for almost a case more.

Just got my email and just placed my order. Lots of 1 or 2 bottle allocations, so crossing my fingers that I can get filled on some of my “Additional Quantities” request!

Had same thought…and excited to see how Morgan Twain-Peterson does Cabernet Sauvignon. Next year should be fun!

Interesting question. This blend seems to be kept low-key and goes out through different channels (all retail and none winery direct). It’s pretty easy to find online (K&L) but I doubt that helps given your shipping problem.

Morgan - when you get a chance, can you lay out what a timeline looks like for Bedrock Sparkling Wine?

First, thank you everyone for the wonderful response to the wines that were released today. I really hope everyone else loves them as much as I do!

As for the sparkling venture, I am not sure if it will actually be a Bedrock wine or not. Though it is letting the cat out of the bag a little early I am excited to say that my best friend, who is also a partner in the sparkling project, is moving from his job in NYC to become the second employee of Bedrock Wine Co. at the beginning of next year. With his presence out here we might develop the sparkling wines under a new label as Bedrock already has so many wines.

The 2011 Brosseau Chardonnay, which should be the first release of sparkling barring any disasters, is currently undergoing secondary fermentation in bottle. This year we are adding a couple tons of Chardonnay from Alder Springs and Hudson Vineyard into the equation. Our current plan, and this is all dependent on how the wines taste, is to release the wines 18-24 months after vintage while holding a little back of each for extended tirage. The idea is really to make expressive wines of a single-vineyard that happen to be have a sparkle. But, this is all really experimental, it could be a disaster, but that’s also what makes it fun!