New wine deal site, Wine Kloud

Rick, great observation and an accurate assessment, save the fact that our content does not come from user contribution.

To address some of the other comments briefly:

• We made a commitment from day 1 to never to never sacrifice the user’s trust for the sake of revenue. Our mission first and foremost is to be consumer centric. That means sifting through every daily deal we source and correcting the incorrect information. As many of you are aware, daily deals are not always accurate. Some communications from retailers have missing information, wrong information, misleading information, etc. We aim to correct this information to provide you with the most accurate and objective picture of that daily deal promotion so that you can make an educated decision as to whether it’s a wine you’d like to buy or not.

• As part of our offering, we have developed a feature called Premium Access. This is essentially the highest discounted and rated deals that we source. As noted in an earlier post, cost is $25 annually. The average savings associated with a Premium level deal is equal to if not greater than the yearly $25 subscription. We designed it this way so that any Premium Access subscriber would make their investment and then some back quickly.

• To Stan’s point, we do not have an affiliation with Wine Searcher and, even if we did, we are not selling the product and therefore it is probably more for the retailer themselves to take that action. We consider our selves educators in a sense.

• Lastly, Thank you Jay… [cheers.gif] . It’s perfectly fine if you want to set up an alternate email address for communication with us. We are not looking to bother you. The only thing your email is used for is to notify you when wines/retailers that you set up trackers for come out with a deal. And if you don’t set up any trackers, you guessed it, you won’t be hearing from us much. We are so inundated as a culture with email now, that excessive communication is a poor marketing choice anyway.

I’d like to thank everyone who signed up between last night and this morning, as well as those considering it. We’ve had a great response thus far. And thanks for the feedback. It is our sincere aim for this to be a valuable tool for the wine drinking world, whether you are a casual drinker or a collector. The more constructive feedback we can get, the better. Please feel free to contact me through the board of PM if you’d like.

Thanks all…

I noticed some of the deals offered on the website seem to offer cheaper pricing from the merchants directly, through their own emailed discount codes. You might want to iron out that wrinkle with the suppliers – usually if someone is helping market something the supplier shouldn’t be undercutting external agents.

Seems interesting, but the sorting features aren’t very intuitive. I did see some retailers I’ve never seen/heard from before though.

site looks great and the idea is perfect.

when i click on “get this deal” on chrome, it’s constructed as a pop-up which i then have to authorize. better to structure as a new tab or window so this doesn’t happen. small nit, but figured you’d like to know.

congrats!

The email address requirement is still there. I thought it was going away.