New TRB Cab - killer- STONE THE CROWS

gotta have 'em to get kicked in 'em, “Porkchop”…

Just got an e-mail to expect the offer to open up Feb 12. Anyone have an idea about pricing now?

I also rec’d the email, the review from Wine Advocate had estimated cost of $85 but I didn’t see anything else on the site regarding cost.

Looks like Myriad only gets a small % of the grapes. The Myriad '10 is only 94 cases and this is 230 cases for '10. I would like to participate in a blind tasting of the 2, the Myriad is excellent. THEY SCREWED UP BY NOT PARTICIPATING IN BERSERKER DAY!!

85/bottle and 195/magnum per the website for 2010 vintage.

Ashley

I don’t see this anywhere on the website - where did you find this, Ashley?
One would hope that $85 is a high estimate and the pricing would be more in line with Myriad ($60), unless that was a “market gauging” exercise… [wow.gif]

Unfortunately, at this juncture, TRB’s name commands a higher premium than Mike’s.

My allocation of 2010 wines are available to order on the web site. That allocation is: (1) single bottle @$85, (2) 3-pack @$255 or (1) magnum @$195.

A little less jazzed about taking a flyer on the 2010 vintage rather than 2009 Stefan mentioned at the top.

$85 is what i paid based on my allocation. I’m excited to try this down the road…

Ashley

A quick read of the notes on their website makes me believe this will be a “bigger” and riper style cabernet.
I’ve yet to try his Rivers Marie Cabs. What are they like?

We did a vertical of 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008 last year and found the house style to be very consistent with lots of cassis flavor and a silky texture. Not the biggest Cabernet, but hardly restrained either.

Have not tried 2009 yet.

How exactly did they screw up? Are they sitting with a bunch of wine that they should have sold through BD offers?

I’m bummed at the pricing. I’d be in at a price closer to Mike’s Three Twins Myriad cab, but $85 plus shipping for the TRB version isn’t appealing. There are plenty of established Napa cab brands (EMH, Myriad, Larkmead, Rivers Marie, to name a few) that I’d rather support than take a flyer on a new one at around $95-100, all in.

Is this in waves? When I logged in it says available on 2/12?

When I last tasted through Myriad with Mike I remember the Three Twins being very good, especially at a good price. Can’t wait to see what Thomas does with this as well.

$85. Ugh…that’s tough right now.

But dang, that 2010 Myriad Three Twins is just redonkulously good…ugh.

The Myriad Three Twins is delicious. Hopefully I will be able to save my last one in time to compare it to Stone the Crows…

Would be curious if anyone has tried this and the Hobel? Don’t think i need them both. Anyone?

Both…yet alone the Outpost Cabernet’s, the Schrader lineup and the Rivers-Marie Cabs. I need to diversify winemakers.

Tom

Because everyone here would of appreciated a deal! Launching a new wine, even with TRB, is a daunting task and having winos like us pimping the wine could only help. I am probably going to pass on my allocation but would of purchased it during BD, I was on a role.