New Somm Movie - Into the Bottle

As do Pax and Steve Matthiasson. I liked it. They opened some legendary wines. It was entertaining for a wine geek. The rest of the population will probably say [blahblah.gif]

Serious question, is Madeline Puckette as dingy as she comes across in the film? Some of her blog posts have me wondering as well. pileon

Totally agree with this! I enjoyed watching this a lot … got chills seeing DRC’s Aubert de Villaine walking down into his cellar and it was fun learning about Alsace through the eyes of the Trimbachs! I fear the casual wine drinker might not connect to the film, but for anyone who pays attention to the wine world and has the slightest passion for it, it’s a fun way to get lost in the subject for 90 minutes.

Until he popped an '04. [wink.gif] The ballers were Chave popping his mold covered '62 birthyear bottle or Ruinart with the '69 (one of 19 left) [berserker.gif]

Just saw Somm: Into The Bottle, which is the second Somm movie.

Far different than the first which was followed the journey of becoming a Master Somm, this was (as accurately stated by IMDB), The history, politics, pleasure, and BS of wine told through opening ten very different bottles.

Very enjoyable hour and a half.

Some Into The Bottle.

Hey, those necks are small. It can be tricky. I would say Most Into The Bottle.

LOL. Damn Auto Correct!

there’s been some discussion here, too: New Somm Movie - Into the Bottle - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

if you watched it via iTunes, the “extras” that are included (including the commentary portion that runs the length of the film) is worth a watch, too (at least IMHO).

Didn’t see the other thread or would have commented there. That said, I enjoyed the film.

I haven’t seem the film, but I have met Madeline in person. She is far from dingy. Rather, she is very bright and trying to make wine fun and approachable in a very tongue in cheek way.

Thanks. Was wondering.

Id love to meet her, looks cute and fun loving to me.

Ended up getting the streaming version of the film, Its really enjoyable and i would recommend it. The only thing i thought was a bit strange is when most of the rare bottles are opened its in very solitary settings i would have thought opening these wines would be more suitable to a dining environment or at least a few more people

And they say it’s all about sharing. [stirthepothal.gif] At least Fred poured the 1870 Lafite for 50 people. Now that’s sharing!

Watched it last week, really enjoyed it very well done. Man had to feel for Matthiasson.